top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish us luck-about to get the ball rolling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish us luck-about to get the ball rolling...

Hey all-I've been kind of lurking around here for a while as there hasn't been much to report. We defaulted back in January and haven't used cards since-no big purchases for a long period of time before that-we had been using the cards for a couple of years just to buy food, gas, and other basic needs. My wife was finally laid off and is now on unemployment so by September/October our six month lookback will have fallen below the median. GV kept the calls under control pretty well but one collector did contact my parents yesterday, prompting us to retain the attorney we had consulted with shortly after defaulting. We got into this mess on our own and will get out of it on our own and I won't have my family harassed (or be pressured by said harassment) by the collectors. I can't thank the many members of this site enough for all of the advice and information that allowed me to get to this point. Before finding this place I looked at BK as "the end." Now I look forward to it as a new beginning. It won't be easy, but we have a few things going for us. Our home is underwater, which takes away the worry of losing it in the BK, but luckily it's not underwater by much (tens of thousands as opposed to hundreds), so we'll "stay and pay" and wait out the bad real estate market. We have no reason to move really. I have a steady job with good benefits, and my wife has gone back to school to get a certification which will hopefully help her find a new job. We will still have student loans, a mortgage, and a (reasonable) car payment to pay but it will be doable. I look at it this way-once we have our discharge in hand, we'll still be in a hole. The difference will be that there will be no one standing at the top throwing dirt on us anymore-we'll be able to slowly climb out. Thank you all and I will keep you posted once our 341 is scheduled, etc... I'm mailing the retainer tomorrow-can't wait to pick up the first collection call I get after that to give them the news

Good luck Diesel!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Woot! I know you must be relieved. Best wishes!
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Great news! I like that you look at this as a new beginning - we do too. Keep us posted!

Comment

Good news let us know how it's going

Comment

Grats dizil. Attitude goes a long way beating the inevitable stress back. Keep it up and get your new start. We are enjoying ours but it is tough for anybody in this Depression. Yes, I said DEPRESSION. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              Grats dizil. Attitude goes a long way beating the inevitable stress back. Keep it up and get your new start. We are enjoying ours but it is tough for anybody in this Depression. Yes, I said DEPRESSION. 'Hub

Yep they might not be calling it a depression but it sure is one

Comment

Good luck!!!
                Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
                Discharged! June 28, 2012
                Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

The best of luck to you.sammie
                    Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Good luck, let us know how things go for you!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X