The importance of saving after BK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The importance of saving after BK.

I am a little over 2 years out of a BK, 7. Thankfully things have gone fairly smooth. I have managed to re establish credit, my local bank has ben great, and recently completed a refi on my home, 3.75 fixed 15 year.
    I have been saving a little here and there, much more than I did before the BK. In case murphy and his brothers, dumb, desperate and stupid ever showed up. Well they came a knocking when my central AC went out. Thankfully it was a minor repair and am now back up and running. But folks if I had not been saving a little here and there, its possable I would not have been able to get this repaired.

So plan for things like this, start saving some cash, ya its hard, but it can be done, do it now if you have not started. Dont let those 4 brothers into your life again.

Thank you so much for sharing. We just filed end of June and really want to turn everything around once this is all said and done.

Congrats on the great job you have done the past two years!

Comment

Originally posted by basketsbears View Post
      Thank you so much for sharing. We just filed end of June and really want to turn everything around once this is all said and done.

Congrats on the great job you have done the past two years!

You can do it, just remember when you do something wrong the first time, you can call it a mistake, but when you repeat that same thing again, its a choice.

Comment

Thank you for your reminder and we can't wait for this to get over and start our rebuilding and saving. Pam

Comment

Great update! We too are saving a little bit each paycheck. I am almost afraid to spend anything although now we actually have the money to pay what bills we have and still some left to save. We were discharged in March, Husband graduated (yeah!) in May and full time job in June. Since we have 2 paychecks again and have started saving (actually started with $50 savings in May) we have saved $1300). By the end of August our goal is to have $2000. It feels so good to be able to save something. It feels even better to actually have cash in an emergency fund.

Comment

Yes, a savings account is so important. We have been saving some, we have our 341 on Monday so we have to keep it within our state guidelines. We did have some home repairs come up but we were able to pay cash!! What a great feeling not to depend on a credit card anymore!! Once we are discharged, we are upping hubby's 401 k contribution and putting more into savings. I'm liking the cash lifestyle these days! I'm glad things are going well for you!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X