Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

Hey everyone,

I haven't been around much but life has been hectic lately. We filed at the end of May and finally have our 341 on Monday. Yay! My job at the marina just ended because they closed their doors. It's not a big loss because I will be doing some testing for a work at home job in the field that I have my degree in. The testing doesn't start for another two weeks so it won't cause any complications in our 341. I checked with my lawyer to make sure!! We can get by on hubby's income so not too worried. We had some damage from the storms a few weeks ago. We finally have the insurance adjustor coming the first week of August. I asked the lawyer about that too and said that would not be a problem. We will probably need a new roof and we have gotten a couple of estimates from contractors. This was suggested by the insurance company so......

I can't believe how much less stress we have since we filed bk. We don't have to worry about how we are going to pay the bills or if we can keep our electric on for the month. We had a couple of minor home repairs (before the storm) and we were able to pay cash for them. We have $$ some set aside in savings, amounts protected by our exemptions. All in all, life is pretty good these days. My family is starting to come around again. The worrying before filing seems so trivial now but it is a major life decision.

The people on the forum have taught us that this was just a business decision. We are still good people! It is a life learning experience and we have made changes in how we do things. A cash lifestyle is pretty nice. Proper budgeting has made a big difference. I have made some changes to it since coming to the forum. I just want to let the new people know that it is okay if you decide to file bankruptcy. You are more than just a credit score. We can rebuild credit scores but it's a lot tougher to rebuild sanity. Trust me, I know!!

Thanks for the update and encouragement, Tater. I will be taking my papers and retainer to the attorney on Tuesday. It's helpful to be reminded that this doesn't have to be a reflection on one's character. I feel like Stuart Smalley at times, (remember him?) 'I am a good person, I am a good person, and gosh darn it, people like me!'
    My best wishes to you.

Comment

Thank you tater for that encouraging update

Comment

Nice to hear the update, yes have to agree that a cash lifestyle is so very nice. You either have the cash to buy something or you don't, period! All the head games you used to play with yourself are gone (you know, "ok, if I put this on the CC then I will pay it off for sure on the next paycheck and it will never even have a chance to accumulate interest" kind of denial talk that we used to use in order to justify a purchase)...So nice

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X