Freddie Mac is checking on my mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freddie Mac is checking on my mortgage

I got a mortgage loan over 6 years ago from a local credit union and it was sold to phh Mortgage company. Well I filed chapter 13. I paid the mortgage (always on time) for the past 5 years and actually just completed the chapter 13 a couple weeks ago.

For some reason My parents who gave us a small cash gift for our house received a letter from freddie mac just to confirm that they gave us the money. My HR department was contacted to confirm that I work there and to check my salary. My wifes work was also contacted and her parents gave us $2000 as a gift that we used as a down payment were also contacted just to confirm that it really happened.

Does this make sense to anybody? I thought I was in the clear but this is scaring me. I guess I should contact my mortgage company to see what is up but just wanted to get some opinions first. Could my mortgage from phh be getting sold to freddie mac and this has nothing to do with the bankruptcy?

my rule of thumb whenever I receive 1. letters or 2. phone calls - is to always CALL the lender / bank / whatever before I give out (or confirm / deny) any personal information at all. There are ruthless people out there that scam every day...

Call your lender - then look up Freddie Macs number (dont use the one on the letter) and talk to them directly to find out what this is all about. It may be legit...but it may not be as well.

Comment

I finally called my Lender and they said Freddie Mac is just calling them to confirm information to see if they could give me a better rate since I may be in financial trouble.

This all seems very odd to me. Not sure how PHH (my mortgage) company is allowed to just give all my personal info to Freddie Mac.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X