No announcement yet.

Should I or Shouldn't I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our price was around $2000.00 in 2006, so your figure sounds about right, but don't stop with this one consult--unless you are VERY sure that this is the one. We went with only one consultation, retained her on the spot, then paid the rest later. It turned out that she wasn't that knowledgeable and did not educate us in the BK process, therefore, we made many costly mistakes in our planning stages that didn't need to happen.

We also did not find this wonderful forum until well after we had filed and were in the middle of a mess.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I paid $1,500 for a simple BK (no assets) here in Illinois.

Plus, I paid about $40 for the online courses.

Reading this forum prior to proceeding was a tremendous help.

Comment

Well, I went through with it. Filed Chapter 7, and had 341 meeting on June 3rd. Just waiting for the discharge. Credit score is down to 618. Need to figure out how to start building it back up. Not sure how long I should wait to try and apply for something small like a gas card or a target credit card. My car will be paid off in September, so I wont get much improvement in my score just from that 1 payment.

I am also worried about how this might affect my job search. I am currently employed, but would like to move on. I have an interview coming up at a new company but am worried they will reject me once they do the background & credit check.

Comment

Discharged as of August 7, 2013. Just got approved for a $500 unsecured cc from Capital One. Time to start fresh and get my credit back up to normal. Thank you to everyone here that provided support and answered my questions

Comment

Congratulations!! Best wishes on your fresh start!!

Be sure and get full copies of your credit reports in a couple of weeks, and make sure everything is reporting correctly (0 balance and included in BK.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X