Best way/place to pull credit report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way/place to pull credit report.

I know I can go to annual credit report and get a copy for free, but we did that about 6 months ago. My husband and I also have a MyFico account and can pull those reports (just 2 of the 3) easily.

Someone said it is the best to get the snail mailed version of our report from each credit reporting agency. Is this correct? Why is the snail mailed version better than the online version? Is it? I have been monitoring our credit for some time and I have access to all of our past reports (for the last several years). But I want one final report from each place (for both my husband and I) to make sure everything that is on there right now is added to the bankruptcy (we are filing chapter 7). I also have tons of collection letters and know of several other places I owe that have never shown up on a report. But I just want the peace of mind knowing that I went above and beyond to include everyone on this bankruptcy. I don't want any large suprises later.

So what is the best way to pull the most accurate credit report?

Megan =)

Anyone?

Comment

It sounds like you are on top of things Megan! I don't know that the "snail" mail is better than online (never heard that myself w/ technology these days), BUT, I would suggest going to each major credit report----Experian, Transunion and Equifax individually online and pulling them that way. And keep in mind that it will cost you. Yesterday I pulled Experian and they offer a monthly service for @ $12 to monitor all 3 reports (i think it was all 3). I called to cancel that because I'm not paying a monthly fee and once they hear that you want to cancel they offer you a lower price of $7.95.

I realize you want to make sure you have included all creditors in your BK and that's great. Once you BK is discharged I would advise waiting a few months and resist the urge to check them (as I did) because it does take TIME for those cards to report correctly and update their records.

Hope this helps!!

Comment

Actually theres a free report your entitled to. Go to annualcreditreport.com. You get the 3 major credit reports for free once a year. Just google it. I got my free one last July and I'm going to get another one soon. Just be sure to have a good printer with enough ink and paper because once you view it you only have one chance to print it out and believe me it's a lot of paper!
        Last edited by chp13; 10-18-2012, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chp13 View Post
          Actually theres a free report your entitled to. Go to annualcreditreport.com. You get the 3 major credit reports for free once a year. Just google it. I got my free one last July and I'm going to get another one soon. Just be sure to have a good printer with enough ink and paper because once you view it you only have one chance to print it out and believe me it's a lot of paper!
          You can save your report as a PDF (save to your computer) and view/print anytime.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X