top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever hire an attorney with a trustee in the same firm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever hire an attorney with a trustee in the same firm?

I am still setting up consultations and came across a firm with several attorneys and one of which is a BK trustee. Not sure if you can hire her for your case. Haven't called the firm, yet.

Just curious if anyone has ever encountered this and hired a lawyer from a firm with a trustee? Or hired someone who is also a trustee? I kinda thought being a trustee was a full time job.

Is there any benefit to this?

TIA

My atty used to be the BK 7 trustee in our area but not at the time I hired him. He was on very good terms with both the BK 7 and the BK 13 trustees which gave him brownie points from my perspective b/c he was able to know what our trustee would be looking for and what would be important to him.
    Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
    Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

My attorney is also a trustee. The trustee assigned to my case is from another firm. My thinking in hiring him was that he should know what the trustees in my area would be looking for. At my 341 there were a few cases ahead of me that had different attorneys, each with only one client. When my attorney's cases were called (he represented about 12 that day), maybe it was my hopeful imagination, but it seemed things went a little smoother and faster, and my atty. and the TT were extremely courteous to one another.

I wouldn't base my hiring decision solely because there is a trustee in the firm. My guy is a sole practitioner. Make sure you feel comfortable and ask a lot of questions. Hopefully, you will talk to a few attorneys before making a decision.

Comment

Alo, I asked the same question before hiring my attorney, and received a lot of good answers. Here's the post:

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...-Chap7-trustee

Comment

Yes I did and I think it's a good move as they know what the tt is looking for it also helped that she was the only one who took the time to talk to us on our first meeting the rest were like your 45 min are up sorry no more questions

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X