A little Oregon Hello!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little Oregon Hello!!

I've made one post about a thread I found helpful but as of yesterday afternoon this wasn't something we had had considered. Well I had not because truthfully I am terrified they will come ransack my house and take everything I love. ( yeah I know silly fears but it's amazing what your imagination can do when it runs wild )

So anyhoo ... I have been trying to research and read up on Chapter 7 as I guess that would be the best route for us and my mind is swimming in the lake of confusion. I found this nice forum today and before I went any farther asking a bunch of already asked questions I thought first I would take a moment to introduce myself, show my debts so perhaps some of you who have been through the process might be able to help me on my way to better understanding what we "might" be about to get ourselves into.

I'm Sarah, ( yes that's me in the avatar and my profile photo.. I'm a real living person lol ) wife to a wonderful fellow and we have two little girls. He works full time, I work limited to being on call as our youngest is 4 and paying day care is like robbing someone to pay someone else. Neither of us have much education past some college so high end jobs aren't in our future until we get more schooling under the belt or find the right person to give us a chance.
    We live on the Oregon coast, he enjoys mechanic type stuff, CBs, the occasional video game spree on the weekend when he's not working. I am an avid dachshund lover, Mom of course to our little girls, love the beach and small town living. I love wandering through thrift stores in search of the perfect treasure for a steal of a deal and baking. I love to bake.

Our debt that we are worrying about consists of:
    Wells Fargo Credit Card: $4,432.71
    Wells Fargo Line of Credit: $4,660.85
    Medical Bill: $4,369.49

So total it's : 13,463.05
    So when you look at it you might not think it's all that much but we barely break 2000 a month income wise as my husband only makes 12.06 hourly, 720 for rent not including utilities. We have no landline phone but do have cell phone, no cable tv but do have internet (obviously or I wouldn't be posting hehe ) and we do pay 7.99 a month to have netflix so we can have a little mindless entertainment.

We also have our van that as of right now has 5,958.19 left on it to pay off.
    Our basic needs are met with what income we do have coming in. We are able to pay on our van monthly.

The LOC has been sent into collections now. Meh! I am sure the CC will be next. We've been trying to give the hospital what we can here and there and so far they haven't tried to throw us under the bus "yet" but last month they received "0" as we recently got hit with an 07 tax mistake ( we even went into H & R block no less .. oh well poop happens ) and we are also paying back the state for SNAP as I completely screwed up on the reporting portion of our income thinking I only had to report every 6 months when they sent the form out when it was in fact every month. This is a lil my fault and my case workers fault. So we are also paying on those but we have those at manageable costs that we can make the payments.

What I am seeking by joining up on this forum is:
    A. a little piece of mind in not being alone in this since I see many of you on here have been there, done that or are in the middle of doing it.
    (from some of the posts I have read so far this seems like a wonderful place to have a good vent and lots of lovely shoulders to lean on in the process)
    B. I would love to speak to other Oregonians about their experiences if they don't mind sharing or perhaps even emailing? I know the laws vary from state to state so to see what other people within Oregon have been through or are going through would be such a blessing.
    C. Answers to my millions of millions of questions just floating around in my head. I feel as if it could explode and we haven't even truly "begun" the process yet. ( there's that wild imagination for you )

For now tho I will close my posting and go scream into my pillow like a mad woman.

Hi Sarah, you've come to the right place for all of the above. The folks here are really great, helpful, knowledgable and ready with a shoulder to cry on if you need that to. Being a member here has really made my BK so much less stressful than I imagine if I had gone through it myself.

Comment

Hi and welcome!

SIPS (screaming into pillow syndrome) is fairly common for newcomers here. I promise you that one day it will all just "click" and you will understand enough so that your mind races no more! I think one of the first questions I asked when I landed here was: 'Who gives the Means Test?' LOL!!

Anyhoo, we have several Oregonians who hopefully will share their stories and info with you soon!

Take care and welcome again!
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

$2,000/month for a family of 4 is bare bones, IMHO.....regardless of locale. You may be able to negotiate with WFargo, but it would still take a decade to pay them off. Medical is reasonable.....whatever you can, but that's gonna take a decade, too.

This money is gonna be needed for health insurance at least for the little one's. School is starting for them, also. You may be too far gone once they are in school, and you can work at least part-time.

Use to be the youth could calculate a potential earning power........not anymore.

I saw on another thread you wanted to file a '7' yourself. Get some side help and do it. It appears you meet all criteria.

However, once you get a taste of this.........will you be in the same boat in 8-10 years?

This is just my opinion.........the BEST to the 4 of you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X