Car Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Question

My spouse is filing for BK alone. Both the cars are in my name. Our attorney doesn't think there is enough equity in them for the TT to want to challenge them. We forgot to ask the attorney about the cars being in my name though. We both pay on the cars, my husband drives one of them to work everyday. Will the fact that he does not have a car in his name count against him as an expemption? Its funny the questions that pop into your mind with the whole bankruptcy that stresses you out. This is one of the things that is stressing me out right now. It is just because I have such limited knowledge about the laws around BK. My spouse sees the attorney on Tuesday so I think this is a question that will come up then for sure. But if anyone can offer any feedback that would be much appreciated.

I can't really address your questions, but I thought I'd let you know that your stress level about all these things is not unusual, I was there too.

Your attorney will be able to clarify things for you (or spouse) after he goes over all your info. Have you retained him yet or will that happen on Tues.? They can only do so much on the initial consult with limited info, and you (or spouse) will have time to go over and question everything before you file.

I'm not saying things don't come up along the way, but don't forget to relax a bit. You'll get through this.

Comment

Ahh, thank you for your encouragement Pjmax...The attorney will be retained on Tuesday, so hopefully we will get a few more questions answered. It seems like there is always just one more question needing to be asked...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X