Movement on BofA 2nd Mortgage forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movement on BofA 2nd Mortgage forgiveness

Like many folks I received the letter from BofA a couple of months ago claiming they were going to forgive my 2nd mortgage (haven't paid on it in 3 1/2 years and discharged in BK) "soon". Well, checking my online account info, last week my mortgage balance was adjusted to $0.00 and now access to that account has been removed. Looks like they have done that part, just waiting to get something in writing and have the lien removed.

Anybody else see any movement on this?

Did you file a 7, 13, or???

I have not paid in about four years and have not received anything. I think the catch on 2nd(heloc) is that it is serviced by someone else. At any rate it will be taken care of in my ch13. Congrats on your write-off.

By the way are you asking a different question that has been asked on many other threads about this or just looking for more news or a twist to the subject?
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

We have BOA as first and Greentree as second. We have seen nothing yet . Our motion for summary judgement was recently filed, It shows BOA first, Capital One second. My Hubby( name on mortgage) has not filed bk yet. We think they are forgiving people who filed , that they are not getting the money anyway. Just my opinion.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
        Did you file a 7, 13, or???

I have not paid in about four years and have not received anything. I think the catch on 2nd(heloc) is that it is serviced by someone else. At any rate it will be taken care of in my ch13. Congrats on your write-off.

By the way are you asking a different question that has been asked on many other threads about this or just looking for more news or a twist to the subject?
        Filed CH13 in 09, converted to a 7 earlier this year. Other discussion has been had on the letters people have received, I'm just asking if anybody else has seen movement on the subject.

My 2nd was originally with Greenlight which sold it to Countrywide which was then bought up by BofA. My loan was owned and serviced by BofA.

Comment

Got a letter at the end of October saying our 2nd was forgiven. Had been paying on time up until then, but now I stopped paying. Have heard nothing since, though I did get a "warning" statement from them that they have a right to foreclose now that I have defaulted.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X