Hearing for forma pauperis, New job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearing for forma pauperis, New job?

Hey guys sorry i'm asking so many questions lately but i want to thank everyone first off for the help! Without this place i'd be so lost and stressed out!

Anyway I filled a filling fee waiver, because i was making 0 income and had no way to pay even in installments. They scheduled a hearing b4 the judge for 2 weeks from now.

However just today I was offered a job (Hallelujah!) and i start monday. i'll be making about $1800 a month take home and I'm 99.99% sure my waiver will be denied since it says by law it can only be granted if im 150% the poverty which im no longer.

Can i call the courts and make an arrangement to pay the fee in installments and cancel the hearing? I know it says if i don't show up they assume i accept a payment plan.. but i don't want to just not show up, that's not like me.

Thanks for the help again!

Call the court and find out their procedure. What you need to do is change from a Motion for Waiver (which requires a hearing) to a Motion to Pay Filing Fee In Installments (which does not require a hearing). How exactly you do that, hopefully the court clerk can help you.
    Last edited by HHM; 12-08-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Ok ill give them a call on Monday and see what they say. I hope it's simple and I don't have to go amending a bunch of schedules. I just see no point in going to a hearing and taking off of work when i already know i'm going to get denied.

Edit: Well the good news is from what i've read i won't have to file any amendments to any schedules, since its a snapshot of your finances @ the time of filling. So it looks like i'll only have to worry about the filling fee waiver part.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X