BofA Unfair practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BofA Unfair practice?

We completed our BK last year and did reafirm the mortgage. I have always paid my houspayment and never had a 30 day late in 30+ years of owning homes. In Jan. I had several stressful events, including the death of my father. When I paid my houspayment through my banking account, I paid the usual amount without looking at my statement. The escrow amount went up without me realizing it. BofA waited until after Feb 1 (over 24 days) to notify me that my payment was rejected because it was not the full amount. I called them and told them that I had not received the monies that I had paid them. They stated they submitted a paper check in the mail after the letter was sent on Feb 11. I received it this weekend. So, if they would have notified me of the error before the next month, I could have corrected the issue by paying the extra 100.00 for the escrow account and problem solved. But they held on to the check and access to those funds for almost 30 days! How unfair is that? What can I do about stopping them from reporting a 30 day late payment?

That happened to me as well, immediately after my loan was modified. In my case, I hadn't even gotten a statement from them yet. Literally the first payment I had to send was $80 higher. When I sent the 2nd payment, they took the past due $80, mailed a check back for the rest. Despite the massive problems I have had with them, I would think if you talk to the right people they should be able to get it not reported as late..

Comment

Hi and welcome. That sounds just like BOA and as you reaffirmed the mortgage you have put them back in the driver seat. Keep trying to get someone to listen to you and if it is showing as late being that it is your first time ever maybe they will show mercy and adjust, but really do not count on it. They are just plain jerks and when they are making the rules they do what they want. Sorry you had to learn the hard way and the best of luck with everything!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X