top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not reaffirming auto loan with BOA. Anyone have experience with retain and pay w them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not reaffirming auto loan with BOA. Anyone have experience with retain and pay w them

Ch7, car is worth 21K according to lawyer (he said that is blue book) and I owe 25K. I've only had the car 6 months. I have my doubts about it only being worth 21K - when I looked it up online, it said about 24-25K.

Bank of America owns the auto loan. I'd like to retain and pay/stay and pain/ride through, whatever you call it where you make payments and they don't come repo it.

Does anyone have experience with BOA? I've heard some banks allow it, while some are hardcore about repoing vehicles that are not reaffirmed.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

I believe BOA does not ask you to reaffirm, but that might have changed since the last time I read the claim.

Comment

Hi, we filed in December 2011, discharged in 3/2012. One of our car loans was with BOA, they did not make us reaffirm and we just kept paying. Paid it off about 6 months later and they sent the title no issues. Good Luck!

Comment

SunTrust required that I reaffirm. I am 5K upside down. I reaffirmed bc there is no way I would qualify for a car loan with my credit now.
        Chapter 7 filed: 5/12/13 (over median - no asset) | 341 Hearing: 6/12/13 (Bass & Associates appeared for Best Buy) | Report of No Distribution: 6/12/13 | Discharged 8/18/13 | Case Closed: 8/18/13

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X