Is This Agency on the Up and Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is This Agency on the Up and Up?

Got his in an email today..I had filled out a form on the internet saying I could afford $250 a month to pay on cards. I got this response..I also said I was not working full time and money was limited...anyone use these guys?? Thanks!

Hello ,

My name is Rita Moore, Senior Debt Analyst for Debt by Debt Settlement Services. Recently you requested information online about eliminating your debt.

I know you are probably anxious to rid yourself of this burden and get on the road to becoming debt free.

Based on the numbers in your application I will be able to legally eliminate about half your debt.

Please give me a call at 1-800-377-8931 ext 202, at your earliest convenience. I will be happy to visit with you in more detail. I will also need to ask you a few questions about your debt.

We work with unsecured debt, credit cards, and medical bills, balances of a foreclosure of a home or the repossession of a vehicle, old utility bills or cell phones bills in the amount of $750.00 or more.

If you have your statements available on the debt you would like to enroll into the program, you can fax those to my attention at 1-214-560-0180. If this is older debt, and you are no longer receiving statements, and you have not pulled a credit report this year, you may do so at www.annualcreditreport.com . This is a free pull of your report. I will be glad to work up accurate numbers for you and get back with you on the results.

You are in no way obligated to me until you have signed an agreement.

Have a Sun Shiny Day!

Rita Moore

Senior Lead Analyst

Team Supervisor

Debt by Debt Settlement

[email protected]

Nope. This is one of those "pay us lots of money and we'll do what you could do yourself" places. you pay them fees for them to try and work an arrangement with your creditors to agree to settle your debt for less than what you owe.

Stick with CCC or one of the other free non-profit orgs out there.
    Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
    341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
    Discharge: 1/12/07
    Closed:1/19/07

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I wondered about how it all seemed too good to be true.

Now, with CCCS or these other non profit agencies...I would assume you have to have substantial income to show you can pay it back, right? I have lost hours at work and don't have much of an income and with what I do get..it goes towards household living.

Do they work with you on that or is that a big no-no to them?

Comment

We had CCCS of Atlanta figure a DMP for us.

In our case, our minimums were jumping to nearly $2900/mo. CCCS' DMP that they figured for us came out to about $100 more per month. CCCS has arrangements with most of the major CC companies for set interest rates. In some cases, we had a better interest rate with different Creditors than CCCS was gonna provide in the DMP. Also, if we had joined, we would have had to pay a sign on fee and a monthly acct maint fee in addition to the DMP payment. Another downside is if you have a Creditor that does not or will not participate. That's a payment you'd have to continue making outside of the DMP.

A DMP is not a wonder cure for your debt if you carry huge CC balances and have limited income. The one positive note I saw was we woulda been completely out of debt in 5 years if we coulda gone with them.

There's no free lunch in the Land of Debt, sad to say.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Sinkingfast, may I ask how you handled your debt, if you don't mind? Im looking for all possible scenerios here I can get. I'm appreciate any suggestions you can offer..I have my whole story on my other thread. Thanks!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X