top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to credit report after I file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens to credit report after I file?

I am just about ready to file a chapter 7. I am confused as to what happens to collection accounts that are destroying my credit. Does the BK nullify the collections and my score just takes the hit from the BK? I hear stories about people whose credit scores actually go up after filing. How would this occur, or what circustances would make this happen. I sold my house without having to declare BK, and I have some car loans that were ok. I just have a lot of collections and a car loan that are severely delinquent. Lost my six figure job in the recession, and am trying to claw my way back to the top. thanks in advance for any advice or tips.

Yes, that is what happened for me, my score went up 106 points when the 21 collections accounts I had were automatically removed from my credit report, I was amazed.

The timeline was this for me;

Filed CH7 on 6/4
    Had creditors meeting 7/10
    21 Collection accounts removed from credit report 8/1
    Was discharged 9/16

I also had two charge cards survive that I didn't owe anything on, they were both store cards that I haven't used in a while, I might try them now just to see. I figure if if I don't use them then they will close them eventually anyway, they are helping my score because they are both like 10+ years since opening so hopefully using them won't cause them to be closed.
    Filed ch7 6/7/14 Discharged 9/16/14 Case closed 10/1/14

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X