Small Blessings.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Blessings.................

Well this year did not started out so well but has turned into many blessings.

Our furnace quit in the middle of one of the coldest nights with wind chills below zero. I wanted to call the furnace people right away but Dh the cheapskate he has become didn't want to pay the extra charge for them to come out in the middle of the night. Yes I told you so was forthcoming. Needless to say we ended up with a mess hot water pipes in the baseboard heat broke and I caught it as the water was pouring within 3 feet of our electrical panel in the basement. God was with us. (1st Blessing)

2nd Blessing the heating people took pity on us and did not charge us for all the hours of the labor they were here.

3rd Blessing we got the billed and I was so scared to open it as I was sure it was gonna wipe out us out. It was way under what I thought

4th Blessing we have money in savings to cover all of it.

5th Blessing My daughter was telling us how much money she has saved and wanted to know how to handle it. I kidding said you could help start pay back some of the parent plus loans we have been paying for your college. Last night she gave us a check for 6 months worth of payments and will pay the other 6 months when her works picks up again in the spring time.She even offer to pay the furnace bill which I turned down.

I just want to encourage people to save something every paid. If this would have been before it would have had to go on a credit card not this time around it will be paid all with cash.

Pam

Bravo!!!! Although an emergency you handled it with cash and owe no one and furnace fixed!!! Great job and don't you feel wonderful about that? You know how I feel about having an emergency cash fund and being able to pay cash when these things happen. It is a changing moment in your life when you get to that point after bankruptcy. Life style changes and being a cash hoarder is instrumental for your financial future.

Congrats on raising a child that realizes exactly the sacrifices and how much help you have been, paying those student loan payments is huge for both of you. Good Job!!!!

Side note: This kind of situation is exactly why we rent and the stress of owning is non existent...the trade off is that we get to keep our cash and no stress......

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
      Bravo!!!! Although an emergency you handled it with cash and owe no one and furnace fixed!!! Great job and don't you feel wonderful about that? You know how I feel about having an emergency cash fund and being able to pay cash when these things happen. It is a changing moment in your life when you get to that point after bankruptcy. Life style changes and being a cash hoarder is instrumental for your financial future.

Congrats on raising a child that realizes exactly the sacrifices and how much help you have been, paying those student loan payments is huge for both of you. Good Job!!!!

Side note: This kind of situation is exactly why we rent and the stress of owning is non existent...the trade off is that we get to keep our cash and no stress......

Thank you for your kind words. I want to rent and sell this house hubby does not UGH

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X