top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Haven't paid my creditors in years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Haven't paid my creditors in years.

I have been unemployed for over 4 years now and now just gotten a job, no creditors have been calling in over 3 years.

I am only working part time for less than $2000 a month before taxes (subcontractor, no taxes taken out). I have just saved enough to put down on a boat to start a new career and sent the money to marina.

I just got a citation to discover assets in the mail and I am calling a BK attorney this week. As the boat isn't in my name as I haven't picked it up or paid in full, is this something I should list as an asset? Will I lose the money I put down?

If your name is nowhere on it, then technically it's not "yours" so no, don't list it as an asset.

Comment

Thanks, meeting with BK lawyer this Saturday, I will be just upfront and honest with him and see where that goes.

Comment

Additional information is needed about the boat to answer your question with more certaintity.
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X