Bankruptcy Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy Books

For all members that search for information on bankrutpcy there are many manuals (some on this form) that offer a great deal of information on how to file, forms to use, what to expect, and the process of filing bankruptcy... etc.

There are new NOLO Books out for Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 filers. Full of forms, very useful information....

Also the the filer with a sense of humor there are two books out:

1. Personal Bankruptcy for Dummies
    2. Personal Bankrtupcy Laws for Dummies

"The Dummy Book Collection" is quite known for its "human touch" regarding issues like - computer using, computer software, how to learn to do different things.

They touch on the humours side of the subject YET give you answers to the questions that you might have that EVERYONE ELSE may think is STUPID.... to ask....

These two books answer your questions on the process and the laws involved in "laymen terms" making it easier to comprehend the information.

BUT AS ALWAYS - be sure to contact an attorney regardings your case or go back to the NOLO BOOKS and Govt. postings on the laws for your state. DO NOT RELY ON THE DUMMY BOOKS TO GIVE YOU ALL THE ANSWERS.... ATTORNEYS ARE FOR THAT.....

Many questions can be answered by the Dummy Books.... so simple that it amazes you that you didn't think of it.... a lot of black/white upfront answers...

These books were designed to "help you thru the bankruptcy process, yet keep your humor in tact" while your in the process.....

These can be found in any bookstore right there with NOLO Books or on Amazon.com.......

Use them for a reference for questions you might have that you can't find an answer too..... you may find it there, or they may give you a link to check out you question.

REMEMBER - these books are there to help - but with humor attached..... to the situation....

Bankruptcy is a serious time in our lives - but it too has humor in it that helps us get thru it.....

LIfe throws up punches ...... we ride with them and a chuckle doesn't hurt once in a while on the ride....
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

hey i have Personal Bankruptcy for Dummies and i would recommend it to everyone, i love the way they break down the steps and pretty much tell you how it is without cutting corners, anyhow thought i'de mention that
    great book
    Successful debt reduction starts with a plan and ends with success.
    get out of debt

Comment

Yep - the "Dummy Books" are GREAT........... they came out in the early 1990's....... 1st one I read was "DOS for Dummies"..... I was taking computer classes back then, learning DOS...... Great book, very informative and downright funny...... but sure helped you a alot and show you the way to do things.

They have all kinds out now, computer books, financial books, bankruptcy books, gardening bookds, etc.......

They've come a long way in the last 15 years or so......

Would recommend them to anyone.........
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Once the bankruptcy is over, I really reccommend Credit after bankruptcy by Stephen Snyder. Not all of his ideas are sound given the current credit crunch, but it really made me feel like I wasnt alone out there, and that it is possible to repair your credit after bankruptcy.

Also, Liz Pulliam Weston's book on credit was a good one for explaining how credit reports and scores work. As I said though, these are books tht will benefit more after bankruptcy than before.
        My name is Jenna Banks. I'm a full time writer who's been through bankruptcy.

I love answering questions! I write about my bankruptcy experience, and how I repaired my own credit, every Monday and Wednesday on my blog.

Comment

I found Personal Bankruptcy Law for Dummies easy enough on Amazon, but can't find Personal Bankruptcy for Dummies except a 2003 edition. Is there a new edition?

Comment

Bankruptcy Book just released

I have recently come across a website - www.bankrupt130of2006.co.uk which not only gives an insight into the world of insolvency but has just released a fly on the wall book - extracts taken from intimate diaries kept during the bankruptcy period. A fascinating and incredibly honest account of how to prepare and cope with debt and insolvency. The books deals with the breakdown of marriage, the affect on the children, thoughts of suicide and more importantly how to cope of the official receivers minute shopping budget. This book is going to be released into the shops in a couple of weeks time but is already available from the website above. The lady who wrote the book leaves nothing to the imagination - an invaluable rough guide to bankruptcy. The book is entitled Bankrupt 130 of 2006. A bloody good read and about time someone let us all into the real world of bankruptcy.

Comment

Originally posted by jack B. View Post
              I have recently come across a website - www.bankrupt130of2006.co.uk which not only gives an insight into the world of insolvency but has just released a fly on the wall book - extracts taken from intimate diaries kept during the bankruptcy period. A fascinating and incredibly honest account of how to prepare and cope with debt and insolvency. The books deals with the breakdown of marriage, the affect on the children, thoughts of suicide and more importantly how to cope of the official receivers minute shopping budget. This book is going to be released into the shops in a couple of weeks time but is already available from the website above. The lady who wrote the book leaves nothing to the imagination - an invaluable rough guide to bankruptcy. The book is entitled Bankrupt 130 of 2006. A bloody good read and about time someone let us all into the real world of bankruptcy.
              Isn't that just for people in the UK?

Comment

Nice spam.
                Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
                341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Originally posted by spearmint View Post
                  Isn't that just for people in the UK?
                  This book is mainly a fly on the wall account. It is emotional and practical. yes, UK bankruptcy laws are slightly different but at the end of the day this is a real honest account about a human being dealing with stigma, failure and surviving in everday circles - it doesn't matter where you are in the world it is relevent. Read it and you decide. You will not be disappointed

Comment

Bankruptcy Books

I would absolutely agree that the Dummies books are a great source of information, and yes, the humor can actually help a bit while deciding to file or after you have done so. Another title that I found extremely useful is Bankruptcy 301 by Laura Chung. It is geared primarily for higher income Chapter 13 filers, but also has information that works for those considering Chapter 7. It's also excellent in a reassuring sense, it helped reinforce that I wasn't a complete failure for finding myself facing bankruptcy, which was frankly rather encouraging. I suspect it is rather similar to the UK specific book mentioned earlier in this thread, only it is applicable to the US. I found my copy on Amazon.

Comment

I just read an excellent book, Bankruptcy, How To Survive and Prosper, written by someone who has lived through the experience and lived to tell the tale. It is full of encouragement to those facing this crisis. It covers the authors's story in all the gritty details and how she actually came out with financial security. She also talks about the history of bk to put in into its proper perspective and also talks about the morality issue that many wrestle with, lots of info about debt collectors, debt management and settlement and consolidation companies, good stuff and very uplifting, got book on Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by beachchick View Post
                        I just read an excellent book, Bankruptcy, How To Survive and Prosper, written by someone who has lived through the experience and lived to tell the tale. It is full of encouragement to those facing this crisis. It covers the authors's story in all the gritty details and how she actually came out with financial security. She also talks about the history of bk to put in into its proper perspective and also talks about the morality issue that many wrestle with, lots of info about debt collectors, debt management and settlement and consolidation companies, good stuff and very uplifting, got book on Amazon
                        Thanks beachchick, but would you like to share with us the details where we could search that book. The way you told its pretty interesting. Thanks.
                        Link Removed By Moderator

Comment

Sure abbie64, just go to Amazon.com then in blank spacee just left of "go" type Bankruptcy, How To Survive and Prosper. It will bring up 3 books, it is the one with the purple cover, I think you will be glad that you read it, I sure am, it gave me back some real joy and hope in my life.

Comment

many books are available on this topic and i am sure after reading them you will for sure come to know about the importance of those books...various websites are there and you all have to do is to do a detailed research and can get the best possible solutions too

Comment

dummies are always good.
                              Link Removed By Moderator

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X