insurance on car being surrendered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insurance on car being surrendered

I keep getting letters from the bank i have my car loan through that was included in the bankruptcy saying i need to have full coverage on the car it expired right after i filed. so i didnt renew it since im not driving the car and its just sitting in my driveway. the letters say they are going to add 4235.00 plus interest to my loan balance for not keeping insurance up to date. Is this something i need to worry about or no? I'm about 20 days post 341 and waiting on discharge.

LOL, that is rich.

Usually you are responsible until they pick it up and give you a receipt for the car.

At this late date, don't sweat it. I would though call and tell them unless they pick up the car this day, that your storage charge is $4,000. That is as ridiculous as their attempt at insurance for that kind of amount. It will be discharged along with the car debt. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

My question is the same, but different. lol

We're currently still driving our vehicle. In order to save up for our Ch 7 we're trying to file we need to skip a insurance payment right now. Should I bring my insurance down? Like take some of the bells and whistles off our plan?
      2/23/11 - Filed notice to convert from Chapter 13 (1/13/10) to Chapter 7
      4/4/11 - Meeting of the creditors
      6/30/11 - Discharged!!!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X