top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question Do I have to pay the Insurance on car that was surrendered in BK??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Do I have to pay the Insurance on car that was surrendered in BK??

As some of you know I filed BK back in August of 2006.I paid the car insurance thru September to keep it covered while I still had the car in my posession.After the bank came and picked up the car (I surrendered it in my BK) I stopped paying the car insurance.I traded in my license plates but never officially cancelled with my car insurance company.Now they sent my balance I owe them to a collection agency and they are demanding the money.
    My BK was discharged December of 2006.Was that bill discharged with it since I was a no asset case?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Donna

Filed Pro Se August 10,2006 :cry: 341 Meeting: September 19,2006 :blink: Last Day to Object: November 20,2006 :cool: Discharged: November 27,2006 :clapping: CLOSED: December 15,2006 :tongue:

hi donna

congrats on your bankruptcy,donna sent the collection agency your discharge papers or case # some to verify you included the balance of the surrendered car in bankruptcy.IF they keep on bother you about a payment you should be able to sue these collectors try to collect on discharged bill,mostly under a no asset case i wish you much luck and happiness in the future
    CH. 7 Filed 4/4/07 done DISCHARGED AND CASE CLOSED 7/10/07 approved auto loan 3/082005 ford escape 14500
    all cc balances paid in full after transactions credit report disputes raised fico 25 points fico 8/07 448 fico 4/08 595

Comment

oops donna

the insurance i'd drop the car off the insurance it's someone else problem now.
      CH. 7 Filed 4/4/07 done DISCHARGED AND CASE CLOSED 7/10/07 approved auto loan 3/082005 ford escape 14500
      all cc balances paid in full after transactions credit report disputes raised fico 25 points fico 8/07 448 fico 4/08 595

Comment

You no longer have the car, so the insurance needs to be cancelled. And the insurance company is not going to cancel your debt on an active policy. You'll have to cancel the insurance first, then provide them with your bk info. Good luck

Comment

I did send the insurance company the green card I recieved from the dept. of motor vehicles when I traded in my license plates.The Insurance company is claiming that they covered me for three months after non-payment.Now that right there does not sound right to me.No Insurance company keeps your policy coverage after 3 mos of non-payment.At least not any I've ever had unless they have changed alot over the years.
          Anyway I'll certainly send that collection agency my BK papers and hopefully it will take care of it....
          Thanks everyone for your help!
          Last edited by 9877donna; 05-01-2007, 01:19 AM.
          Donna

Filed Pro Se August 10,2006 :cry: 341 Meeting: September 19,2006 :blink: Last Day to Object: November 20,2006 :cool: Discharged: November 27,2006 :clapping: CLOSED: December 15,2006 :tongue:

Comment

You didn't have the car, hence there was nothing to insure. You might have to explain it to them a few times for them to understand.

Comment

I'll attatch a letter to let them know the car had already been surrendered 3 mos earlier.And as always I'll send it CMRR.
              Thanks.
              Donna

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X