top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here successfully gotten new renters insurance before bk is filed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• artgood
    replied
    Originally posted by dumpinmydebt View Post
    This is a surprise to me. We are in the waiting period. Filed in October, waiting for discharge to be expected on 1/19. We just got renter's insurance last week with Geico. No issues at all.
    Same here. Post filing, pre-341 I got renter's insurance through Geico.

Leave a comment:

• isabella
    replied
    I have sucessfully gotten renter's insurance thru both Geico and Progressive during BK. I am in a Chap 13. I would have stayed with Geico but they could not sell me a policy in the new state I moved too, Progressive took care of me. The premiums have been very reasonable too.

Leave a comment:

• Nicollette
    replied
    I've had renters insurance even before I filed BK. Its thru State Farm, along with my auto insurance. There was no problem starting a policy for it.

Leave a comment:

• hopeforus
    replied
    Thank you!!! I just did the Geico quote online and was at the point to buy and closed it out. I will redo it when I have the money in the bank to pay at once, which should be soon.

Leave a comment:

• dumpinmydebt
    replied
    This is a surprise to me. We are in the waiting period. Filed in October, waiting for discharge to be expected on 1/19. We just got renter's insurance last week with Geico. No issues at all.

Leave a comment:

• NCGirl2010
    replied
    I'm interested in knowing, too, as I'm a first time renter who cannot secure renter's insurance due to my credit score & active BK. I even went to the same insurance company I had in VA here in NC and was denied - even after having them for 18+ years and insuring several houses, a boat, numerous vehicles and never ONCE filed a single claim! I even had my rep write a recommendation letter stating this and further saying I never missed a payment, never late, no lapses, etc. No dice. So, unfortunately, we have had no insurance on our personal belongings for 8 months now and I'm petrified to even leave my house in fear something will happen.

Leave a comment:

• Has anyone here successfully gotten new renters insurance before bk is filed?

We foreclosed on our house and are still in the process of filing... lawyer has been paid a year, just need to get our papers together finally now that things have stopped changing on us over and over. We have been in this rental for a year and a half but haven't had renters insurance. A friend is an agent and she tried to get us insurance but none of the companies accepted us. These were bigger companies. USAA won't add us on since we still have unpaid bills with them. We still have our car insurance with them and we hoped they would let us add renters but I guess not

Are we just screwed? I am so fearful of losing all of our stuff.

Thanks!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X