No announcement yet.

Insurance cost increased in C-13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither took any kind of hit. I would have challenged them the best I could if that happened to me. You should go digging for any law that applies to see if you can talk them into a better rate. Then again we have been with the same auto ins for 24 years and the same renters/home for 20. That likely helps most, and our payment history with them.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

I'm in Chap 13 - Pre confirmation. I'm thinking of combining auto and homeowners insurance. I have Progressive for the cars and State Farm for 2 houses. Online quotes from Progressive for just one of the houses' new homeowners policy came in at 4 times what I'm now paying State Farm. I'm thinking about calling my State Farm agent but don't want to raise any red flags, of course. Anyone have any experience with State Farm homeowners policy increases due to Chap 13?
      Stopped CC payments May 2010. Stopped mortgage payments Oct 2011. Filed 13 Oct 2011, Plan confirmed July 2012. Trustee required surrender of second home. Foreclosure sale completed May 2013. Now almost 2 yrs into the 5 yr plan payments

Comment

Originally posted by markinva View Post
        I'm in Chap 13 - Pre confirmation. I'm thinking of combining auto and homeowners insurance. I have Progressive for the cars and State Farm for 2 houses. Online quotes from Progressive for just one of the houses' new homeowners policy came in at 4 times what I'm now paying State Farm. I'm thinking about calling my State Farm agent but don't want to raise any red flags, of course. Anyone have any experience with State Farm homeowners policy increases due to Chap 13?
        MarkinVA only way to know is to get quotes. Also I would highly recommend you try Liberty Mutual (no I don't work for them!)

Comment

We are in the final year (7 payments left) of a five year chapter 13. We have State Farm for our house and auto and it remained the same. When checking our credit report yearly I see they check our report yearly, but our premium stays the same. We even had two accidents (one our fault) in this time and our premiums remain the same. We get our monthly bill deducted from our checking so they know they will get their money. When checkin our credit score recently it was 670 (not bad considering our 13!).
          Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
          Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

I had to change life insurance companies since my term is up. When speaking to an agent at life quotes it took quite a while to find a provider that would accept me while in a 13. All in all it jacked the premium up about 45% over someone like me in good health with no other negatives.

He said to basically pay the piper for about two years post discharge then I would get a lower rate if I'm still healthy with a new policy.

I know the OP was asking about other insurance but this might help someone decide to purchase life insurance pre filing to save some dollars. The agent said negatives coming on after the policy is written isn't a problem.
            Chapter 13ner

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X