Got a Cancellation on Auto Ins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a Cancellation on Auto Ins.

I've been discharged from my 13 for a few months. I had a wreck last fall, which was my fault but my car was only one involved. I had a wreck 3 years ago, which a cop totaled out my truck which was their fault, this didn't count against me. Anyways I have 2 life policies, 2 cars full coverage and my home with the same insurance company. I 've had these policies for over 10 years. The termination letter is for my auto because of the wreck. I've had one speeding ticket in my life 5 years ago, so I know that's not it. Any good suggestions for auto ins shopping. Just coming out of the 13 I don't wanted to get ripped off because of my credit. BTW I'm probably moving all of my insurance for spite.

Look into essurance for your car insurance. We just switched from State Farm and saved 1000! a year on both cars!!! We are 2 years out from discharge, they didn't do a credit check (that I am aware of).

We will be changing all of our other insurance from State Farm - but still need to look into other quotes.

Comment

Wow, Mayo, that stinks. This sounds like Alfa doings to me.... Shop around and good luck!
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Go to your local independent insurance agent. They represent several different companies and can fit you with a company that is best suited for your needs, including bankruptcy. Go in person. This isn't something you can do over the phone.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Rates probably vary for your area. I use Nationwide and think their rates are reasonable, but then I haven't had an accident since I switched to them. Whatever you do, don't go with Allstate over the phone. Bad experience with them. I've heard Liberty Mutual has good rates, but those idiots refused to believe I moved and wouldn't change my renters insurance policy for 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by ksgirl38 View Post
            Rates probably vary for your area. I use Nationwide and think their rates are reasonable, but then I haven't had an accident since I switched to them. Whatever you do, don't go with Allstate over the phone. Bad experience with them. I've heard Liberty Mutual has good rates, but those idiots refused to believe I moved and wouldn't change my renters insurance policy for 6 months.
            Something similar happened with my god-daughter when she tried insuring her (new to her) car. She got nowhere on the telephone and the companies she tried dealing with online wouldn't believe that she had moved, and had not lived at the address they had for her, in more than two and a half years.

So finally she did what I suggested and went to our independent Insurance Agent. She was quoted $370 for a standard basic policy for six months. This was more than $100.00 LOWER than what she was quoted online. Then the agent, said, if you make the entire payment now, instead of paying every six months, as she had planned, it will be $306.00". And that is what she did.

Comment

we use Erie for all of our ins. needs.

Just as a thought - before you change your life ins. policy - make sure you can pass any health tests / questions any new provider will mandate before you cancel your current policy. You dont want to cancel and then not be able to purchase another policy.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                Wow, Mayo, that stinks. This sounds like Alfa doings to me.... Shop around and good luck!
                That's a really good guess. As far as my health its good. I get a full physical every year for the fire dept and it's more involved than a life insurance checkup. I have a second life insurance policy on my wife and myself through my work. My idea is to see if I can buy more coverage through my work to make up for my other ones I'm thinking of dumping. As far as quotes go I called Met Life Auto $2400 year for 2 cars, got online quotes from esurance $1300, geico $1900 and Nationwide $2000. I hope insurance shopping online is not like getting hard inquiries on your credit report, but I just wanted to have a good idea of what's out there. The independent agent is another option I was looking at also.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo View Post
                  I hope insurance shopping online is not like getting hard inquiries on your credit report, but I just wanted to have a good idea of what's out there. The independent agent is another option I was looking at also.
                  Feel free to look online all you wish. I still think your best best is the Independent Agent....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X