Final Audit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Audit

With six months left do I get involved with the trustee’s final audit? All I had to provide were tax returns, which I did, and I completed the final financial course. Just wondering if they will come back to me for anything. I do pay child support which I have never been late and my house payment has always been paid on time. Just want this to end with no issues as I have had none so far.

The trustee's audit is really them reconciling the ledger, making sure all checks were cashed, making sure any returned checks are dealt with, and making sure the ledger balance is $0.00 at the end (or give the remainder as a refund to the debtor). They also make sure all the creditors were paid in accordance to the plan.

I don't know of any reason the trustee would include the debtor in that reconciliation process.

After your last payment is done, you will need to file an Affidavit of Domestic Support. This is required by everyone whether or not they have domestic support obligations. That is about the only thing in the discharge process in which the debtor is involved. It can also derail the discharge if the DSOs are not up to date.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      The trustee's audit is really them reconciling the ledger, making sure all checks were cashed, making sure any returned checks are dealt with, and making sure the ledger balance is $0.00 at the end (or give the remainder as a refund to the debtor). They also make sure all the creditors were paid in accordance to the plan.

I don't know of any reason the trustee would include the debtor in that reconciliation process.

After your last payment is done, you will need to file an Affidavit of Domestic Support. This is required by everyone whether or not they have domestic support obligations. That is about the only thing in the discharge process in which the debtor is involved. It can also derail the discharge if the DSOs are not up to date.
      We have nothing in place that states I will pay child support of a certain amount. She lives in the house with our kids and I pay the mortgage. We consider that the support. I pay over $2,500 for the house payment which is way less than the child support would be. Wonder how this will be handled. We split on very good terms and are good friends.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X