Schedule I Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule I Question

I am a salaried engineer in the automotive industry and am typically laid off 2 weeks a year for plant shut down. I am not paid my salary during these 2 weeks, but do collect unemployment.

For schedule I, do I list my actually salary or do I list an average salary based on being laid off for 2 weeks? On the form it states "Estimate of average or projected monthly income at time case filed". I interpret this to mean that I should list the income that I expect to make, which would mean that I account for 2 weeks of layoff. Anyone have any comments on this?
    Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
    Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
    Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

For schedule I, you list your CURRENT months income for the time you file.

Comment

your message is a year old but I would appreciate knowing how you dealt with your matter--??

Comment

This is something I have been trying to find the answer to.

If I understand you correctly I use the income received in September for my schedule I? (I plan on filing Sept 30th)
        Retained Attorney June 25, 2010, Filed Chapter 7 Nov 3, 2010 (170k unsecured), 341 Dec 2, 2010 (1 minute of nothingness), Discharged Feb 1, 2011

Comment

Actually since you will be filing on Sept. 30th you use the income from August. I filed 8/27 and used income from 7/31. Or better said, that's what my attorney did...not sure if it's by district or rule of thumb.
          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
          AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse...Your attorney used 7/31 thru 8/27? I also have an Attorney that I am comfortable with, but he is not the best at explaining how the schedules work. Just trying to put my mind at rest. My attorney had me raise my tax with holdings and start contributing to 401k at the beginning of September. He also suggested that my wife work less hours ( she has the option to work less) which she did.
            Retained Attorney June 25, 2010, Filed Chapter 7 Nov 3, 2010 (170k unsecured), 341 Dec 2, 2010 (1 minute of nothingness), Discharged Feb 1, 2011

Comment

No, my attorney used my income for means test lookback for previous six calendar months ending with 7/31. We filed 8/27, so August as a calendar month was not yet completed. I did provide, however, paystubs for the periods though 8/27.
              Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
              AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X