No announcement yet.

Where to start? Help!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bagel. I'm not trying to take over your thread. I just thought that I would post here since you started it and there's already good info here.

I went to annualcreditreport.com and tried to order my free credit report. I received a message that I had just ordered a credit report and could not get one. Apparently a debt collector had used my info to obtain one.

I mailed a letter to each of the 3 credit burearus citing GA law about my being eligible for 2 free credit reports.

While waiting for my credit reports to arrive, I sorted out all of my statements, separating the original creditors from the debt collectors. I then placed those in alphabetical order. Next I wrote down the addresses for each to assist with my creditor matrix.

For my counseling, I paid $30 to InCharge Education Foundation at:
    Pre-File Credit Counseling and Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy Education provided by InCharge Debt Solutions. Low Cost & Easy to Use.

Since I'm in Georgia, I couldn't use the free counseling from the place in California.

List of credit counseling services for GA

So right now, I am preparing my creditor matrix.

I've got a question please regarding : "unless the trustee or U.S. Trustee instructs otherwise, statements for each of your depository and investment accounts (including checking, savings, and money market accounts, mutual funds and brokerage accounts) for the time period that includes the date of the filing of the petition;"

How do I comply with the above rule of my local court if I haven't had an open bank account in over 2 years?

I know, silly question, but I just was wondering if someone would care to comment on what you did. Just placed zeroes on the forms and stated no bank account? thanks
    Last edited by Xue; 12-03-2009, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Hi Bagel.

Filing for Bankruptcy Without an Attorney

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X