Schedule I - Line 17 - Anticipated Change in Income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule I - Line 17 - Anticipated Change in Income

I am exploring here to see if I can file pro se. How would I answer the question on Line 17 of Schedule I? "Describe any increase or decrease in income reasonably anticipated to occur within the year following filing..." etc.

I used to have a good paying job (2 plus years ago). I don't think I will ever get that salary again, for several reasons. I honestly don't know what I am going to do when I exhaust unemployment benefits in a few short months. Any recommendations?

I think I would put down what your current income is and leave it at that. Even though you expect unemployment to run out in a few months, it may be extended. Mine has been extended three times since I originally filed for UC in October 2007.

I would say as little as possible about prospective employment, because you just don't know in this economy.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

"Reasonably Anticipated" is one of those squishy phrases that isn't defined in the code. But it means something more than wild speculation -- hey, I might win the lottery. And it means something less than absolute certainty.

I think you could reasonably anticipate that your unemployment benefits are going to expire. They are finite in nature. But you would be baselessly speculating if you were to anticipate returning to your former salary within a year. It may happen, understand, and let's hope it does, but you can't see it coming down the pike at you right now. So I wouldn't think you would be obligated to list that as an anticipated change.
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
        I think I would put down what your current income is and leave it at that. Even though you expect unemployment to run out in a few months, it may be extended. Mine has been extended three times since I originally filed for UC in October 2007.

I would say as little as possible about prospective employment, because you just don't know in this economy.
        Someone else posted their attorney advised them to say 'no change'.

I've been through all the extensions. There is a slim to none chance that there will be another for me, imho. The one "known" is that I will have a sharp decrease in income at the end of March.

How I will survive after that is the unknown. Worst case scenario is filing for social security (a small monthly income) that could be supplemented through piecemeal or part-time employment.

If so informed that I will shortly be without benefits, would not a Trustee consider that in the 'totality of circumstances'? Thoughts appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
          "Reasonably Anticipated" is one of those squishy phrases that isn't defined in the code. But it means something more than wild speculation -- hey, I might win the lottery. And it means something less than absolute certainty.

I think you could reasonably anticipate that your unemployment benefits are going to expire. They are finite in nature. But you would be baselessly speculating if you were to anticipate returning to your former salary within a year. It may happen, understand, and let's hope it does, but you can't see it coming down the pike at you right now. So I wouldn't think you would be obligated to list that as an anticipated change.

Simply stating that I anticipate my unemployment benefits will end is accurate.

Given the state of the economy, the length of time I have been out of the job market, etc., no, it's not reasonable to anticipate I will get the equivalent of my old job back. Got it. Thanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X