Plan to file as soon as right to do so.. have a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan to file as soon as right to do so.. have a few questions

This is my first post, I spent a few days reading through stickies and many posts on both the Pro Se forum as well as the Ch. 7 thread - hugely grateful for this forum Thank You!

Background: all debt is OLD except Verizon house phone bill and a default judgement from june 2008 ( I DID try to get this Vacated but totally mucked up the paperwork - even though this is a junk debt buyer and the account was past the statue of limitations )

Combined information off of the credit reports indicate charge-offs from '03/04/05

A recent ugly affair was to have learned my bank froze my checking account due to a citation to discover assets. Went to the hearing even though I wasn't "invited" so I could assert my exemption claim and was able to retrieve 111.00 for checks I wrote in Dec. before the citation was even requested - total crock here as my entire income is well under both the state and fed. limits but the Judge saw fit to hand over 54.05 to the plaintiff

I was terminated from my job as of the 8th of this month.
    I am expecting to be able to collect unemployment and actually have a call in date of the 19th - BUT I am required to participate in a phone interview
    (date unknown at this time) in case my ex-employer decides to try and deny me.
    I e-filed my fed taxes this am since there is no record of a hold on my SS and need those funds (under 800.00) and I don't want the judgement holders to get another red cent. I will be able to document where it is going to be spent.

While I am due a small 401, the offer to roll it over or cash out will not be given to me before the end of this month, that being said, the amount available can and will change up to the day they release the funds.

I have a room-mate. His income is 1099 based - I know I only use what is contributed to MY living expenses, and I do not use him as a number of household.
    I am well under my State (IL) median of roughly 24K - my wages were about 16K IL. wild card up to 4000.00 so consider the refund and 401 exempt.
    no assets single vehicle under the alloted value

Possible change in my future: I *might* get a new job in another state (TX)
    however I will not know anything until Feb. 15th UP TO March 1st.
    Its a little confusing, BUT if I would get the job, I would be still under the 24K limit for IL. but not have to pay rent or utilities...

My questions:
    Means Test ( B22A ) Line 8 Any amounts paid by another person on a regular basis - this is where I put my roommates payment of rent, correct?
    Line 9 Unemployment Compensation I do NOT enter the amount into column A, but rather use the 'benefit under the SS act' area, correct?
    Line 14 Applicable median family income (b) debtor's household size 1, correct?

Schedule F
    I am planning on putting down all creditors, even if some of them are "claiming" the same account ( all have different numbers and amounts )
    should I place the words Charged off in the consideration for claim area?

Schedule I
    Do I have to list my sons in the dependent area since they do not live with me and are both over 21?
    I am planning on placing Unemployed in the employment field - so this would make everything blank until I get to line 11, NOW do I place the funds my roommate is paying for rent on line 13?

Schedule J
    line 1 do I place the rent funds here?
    line 2 while I have been paying the electric, if I loose my unemployment, I will not be able to, so I can use line 19 to describe that, correct?

I am planning on filing a waiver for the fees, would it be a better thought to WAIT (to file) until I know if I will have unemployment benefits coming to me or if I have to go through the appeal stage?

I'm sorry this was so long and most likely confusing, and I'm sure I will come up with more questions right after I click Submit new thread, LOL.....thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Cathie

Wow, Cathie. That is a lot of variables. I'm sorry I'm afraid I am not skilled enough to offer any advice on these issues, but I am sure one or more of the gurus will be along shortly to help you out. I just wanted to be sure you knew your post was being read. There are a lot of helpful people on this board and I'm sure you will get sound advice. Best of luck to you in your trying circumstance!

But do you know which Texas district you might be moving to? If it is the Eastern District, I can probably help you a little bit from the stuff I have been learning along my way.

Comment

I know that I have a lot of things going on, and I didn't even expect a response to happen today with everything that needs to be sorted/answered, but thanks for the 'thumbs up!'
      I *think* its possible we are on another board together...
      the move, should it happen would be outside of the Houston area, so don't think its the same as yours... but again, thanks!

Comment

Kristy's forum? Maybe. I don't get over there as often as I probably should these days, but I love her to bits.

I'm about one, maybe 2 hours north of Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
          Kristy's forum? Maybe. I don't get over there as often as I probably should these days, but I love her to bits.

I'm about one, maybe 2 hours north of Houston.
          Sent a response via PM as to not run too far off topic....

Comment

Since my post was lengthy, perhaps a suggestion on JUST the paperwork - if I have it right or not?

Thanks in advance,
            Cathie

Comment

My questions:
              Means Test ( B22A ) Line 8 Any amounts paid by another person on a regular basis - this is where I put my roommates payment of rent, correct?
              I think this is correct. I'm also assuming that the lease is in your name and you have found a roommate.
              Line 9 Unemployment Compensation I do NOT enter the amount into column A, but rather use the 'benefit under the SS act' area, correct?
              Don't know.
              Line 14 Applicable median family income (b) debtor's household size 1, correct?
              Sounds right

Schedule F
              I am planning on putting down all creditors, even if some of them are "claiming" the same account ( all have different numbers and amounts )
              should I place the words Charged off in the consideration for claim area?
              For collection agencies, I put "Collection for XYZ" in the consideration for claim area with a claim amount of $0. Only one creditor per debt should have an amount.

Schedule I
              Do I have to list my sons in the dependent area since they do not live with me and are both over 21?
              If you don't support them, then don't put them.
              I am planning on placing Unemployed in the employment field - so this would make everything blank until I get to line 11, NOW do I place the funds my roommate is paying for rent on line 13?
              I don't know about the unemployment income, but I would put the roomates rent on line 13. Also, it sounds like you are not getting unemployment yet, so it may just go in line 17.

Schedule J
              line 1 do I place the rent funds here?
              Don't list the funds here, but list the entire amount of the rent as an expense.
              line 2 while I have been paying the electric, if I loose my unemployment, I will not be able to, so I can use line 19 to describe that, correct?
              That seems more like wild speculation than "expected." I would not put it. Anyhow, your expense will not decrease unless your power is shut off.

This was all assuming that the lease was in your name only. I think the paperwork would change if you were both on the lease or if you were a roommate on someone else's lease.

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X