question, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question, please help

I filed on 2/17/2010 for Chapter 7 and I am still getting a lot of phone calls.
    Some of the creditors are saying that they never received any notices from the Court about my Bankruptcy.

Am I responsible to notify all my creditors I listed,since I am pro se?
    It seems to me that the Clerk didn't do it. Should I mail everyone a notice?
    I did have to do it on a creditor whom I added a few days later, so now I am wondering, maybe I have to notify everybody??

My 341 is on 3/26. I don't want to get thrown out because I failed to do something!

Does anyone know if this a rule I missed? I read what to do on the Court's website and they don't mention that pro se filers have to notify creditors of the 341 and the fact that BK was filed.

thanks everyone

Yes, in many districts, (although apparently not all) you are required to provide notice to the creditors of the filing. You then have to file a certificate of service or certificate of mailing with the court. If you didn't do that I am really surprised that your petition wasn't stricken or dismissed already. You might want to check PACER and be certain of your status. Having said that, since your 341 is scheduled for 3/26 you will need to review your local bankruptcy rules and see if you can still provide sufficient (timely) notice to your creditors of the 341.

Comment

actually, I called the Court and they told me that I did not have to notify my creditors, only the one that I added.
      The clerk said that they already notified everybody and to make sure that I had the right address for them if they call again. If I had the wrong address I can mail them a notice, otherwise they did it already.

I guess it does depend on where you are,,,,,

Comment

Yeah it depends on the district. I definitely had to do my own noticing.

Comment

In my district when they mail out the notices they put my address as the return address, so if any did get returned I'd know about it. I believe that's quite common practice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X