Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creditor statements = req'd documents?

Hi all,
    I filed the inital paperwork today for ch 7 protection. The clerk was really friendly and patient - she even gave me a brochure that my district put together for pro se filers.
    The brochure indicated that part of my necessary paperwork is the last 2 statements from each creditor. I know the balances I owe, etc. for each creditor but most of my statements are long discarded. Has anyone had experience with this requirement?
    Thank you

I'd call and ask because you should just have to list them in your paperwork unless there's a special rule where you file. However, I'd say that they probably don't want more paperwork than they really need.

Comment

Right, thanks. I just re-read the bullet point and it appears that the BK court recommends the stmts for preparing the petition only, not for the trustee. Whew!

Comment

Glad to hear! We were also told that an estimate of the balance is okay since there's usually interest/penalties that accrue so I rounded everything. Good luck! It's totally worth the savings in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by maxfischer75 View Post
          Right, thanks. I just re-read the bullet point and it appears that the BK court recommends the stmts for preparing the petition only, not for the trustee. Whew!
          It's good to know the amount, if you have them, or a close guesstimate, but if you aren't at all sure, you can even put $1.00 in the amount owed column on the schedules, and then leave it up to the creditor to file a proof of claim. So try not to stress about it. :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X