Creditor notices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor notices...

We just received collection notice on a credit card. It is THE FIRST notice that we have received from this company and it's dated July 12th, which was the date of our 341. The company in question and the collection company shouldn't be trying to collect any longer should they? I called and adviced them that we filed, gave our case number and the date we filed. She just said she noted it but I don't want them calling and I don't want the bills lol. Do I need to do anything else or just wait and see? I wrote down her name, date and time as well as conversation we had.

I forget - do you have a lawyer representing you? If you do - you need to pass all of this information onto him/her so they can send a "courtesy" letter regarding violating the BK stay. If you dont have a lawyer, you can do it yourself - and I'd still do it even though you told them over the phone - and put in it something to the effect of "this is a courtesy letter and follow up to the phone conversation with Mr./Ms. XXX on such and such date regarding account XXXX.... " yaddah yaddah yaddah.

You need to find the BK code that is about violating the BK stay- because if they do it again, thats $ in your pocket every time they do it, should you decide to pursue that avenue. On the other hand, if you dont pursue that avenue, the judge also wont look too kindly on a creditor violating the stay.

Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X