Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have searched and searched and im still unsure

pls help
    one car---9200 owed..6300 is the value...do i need to exempt and list it on sched c? in my statement of intention i chose to retain and pay...but i checked the box to exempt it on that form as well... i do not want to reaffirm...my pmt is current on it and i hv 18 mos left on the loan.

car #--poor condition per kbb.com value 2550..i took off 900.00 for new engine that it needs...it does not run at all.and took off 400.00 for the cost to replace the engine. im in va there is 2000 vehicle exemption so i would list car 2 ubder this right?
    pls help
    im filing friday.

I wouldn't worry so much about filing by Friday as I would about filing correctly. That's one of the interesting things about filing pro se. It's not like you have a "filing deadline" for the petition, so why sweat it? Did you get the Nolo book?

Comment

no my lights are in danger of being cut off
      so i am on a deadline
      and no i dont have the book, if it costs money i cannot afford it.
      also i get paid on aug 6th
      i have completed most of my ppk to include the 6months
      from jan-june
      if i file after friday
      i would have to redo alll that ppwk.
      can anybody help me as to how to report this negative equity??
      thanks

Comment

When I filed, I was "upside down" on my car too (meaning I owed more than it was worth). I didn't exempt the car, because I was told the Trustee wouldn't want it for that reason. You can exempt it if you want to though. It's up to you.

Try to stay centered during the filing part of the process - I wasn't at first and even though I was on a deadline, I ended up having to re-file a bunch of the paperwork because I had been in such a rush, I messed it up. Go for accuracy and honesty and the rest will fall into place.

Best of luck to you! We're here if you need us - Oh, and go to your book store and read the Nolo Book and take notes while you read it. That is free and legal to do.
        11/09 - Ran out of money - 1/4/10 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se) - 2/16/10 - 341 Meeting -6/17/10 - Reaffirmation hearing (auto) - DISCHARGED 7/6/10m CLOSED 7/26/10

Comment

Library for the book?

Comment

thanks guys!
            i did check the library website for the book but didnt see anything...so i am going to go to books a million and just double check that i have everything right! thanks again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X