Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor Matrix Questions

Have some questions:

1. Do you list the ORIGINAL creditor (ex: MBNA Credit Card) or the CURRENT creditor (ex: ACME Collection Agency)?

1A. If you list the CURRENT one, what do you do if you are not sure who "owns" the debt at this time (assuming the debt has been sold and resold to different collection agencies)?

2. Do you post the ORIGINAL amount due or the CURRENT amount (according to a collection agency)?

2A. What if you do not know the CURRENT amount? Is it very important to have it 'perfect'?

Thanks to all who reply....
    Over Median Income - 10/04/10--Filed Pro Se Chap 7/ No Assets 11/10/10--341 Held 01/18/11-- No Distribution/No Funds 01/19/11--Not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1) AND --Reaffirmation Hearing Held = APPROVED 02/10/11--Discharged

there should be a place on the forms that you can reference the same loan if its been sold off - I cant remember what page its located on but its there . I remember looking at ours and on one page it had list all creditors, then you had to go to another area - similiar to a "remarks" section - and relist it there, even if owned by another, its still the same debt.

Comment

List the original creditor and any known collection agencies as "also notify" on the same debt. If you don't know who has it now, that is ok. It is the responsibility of the OC to "handle" their collection agencies working on their behalf. If you don't know the amount, you can put $1.00 in there. It will be up to the creditor to file a claim with accounting for the correct amount if they want any distribution.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X