Violation of Automatic Stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violation of Automatic Stay?

Even though a parking ticket is exempt from a Ch. 7 BK, the City of Los Angeles has been sending me letters ever since they received the notice of the BK. I filed July 7th and had my 341 meeting on Aug. 19th, with the discharge taking place around mid-October. Is there anything I can do to get them to stop sending me letters? I just wanted to take this 3 month automatic stay time to get my finances together and to work out a financial plan.
    Filed Pro Se Ch. 7 on 7/7/10 341 Meeting 8/19/10
    Last Day for Objections 10/18/10 Discharged to a Fresh New Start 11/1/10

Did you list the parking ticket? If you did not, then I don't see how they would know that you filed.

If they are aware, then I believe it would be a violation. I'm sure others will chime in.

I would just call them and tell them what's going on.
    I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
    Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Well, you are almost to discharge anyway, once discharge is entered, they CAN send you letters at that point anyway. So, the issue appears moot.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X