Wage garnishment of paycheck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wage garnishment of paycheck

I have been getting my pay garnished since july so I filed chapter 7 pro se on 8/30.
    I still am getting garnished so I called my work HR department and faxed them my bankruptcy papers.Now as of yesterday's payday the garnishment is still going on.
    My question is how do I go about getting refunded by my creditor for the two checks I have gotten since filing that have been garnished?
    8/30/10 Filed
    10/12/10 341 meeting

anyone have any ideas?
    8/30/10 Filed
    10/12/10 341 meeting

Comment

Hand deliver a copy of your bankruptcy filing notice over to the local court that issued the garnishment order so they know you filed and which case it belongs to. That will get the garnishment stopped. Write a letter to the attorney for the creditor who garnished you (that contact info will be on the court documents you rec'd and on the garnishment notice - fax it so you have confirmation of receipt...don't wait for it to get to them via mail... include a copy of your notice of filing and ask for the funds back. This is why filing bankruptcy with an attorney is worth the cash it costs you.... some law firms (not all) take care of getting the garnishment stopped and of getting the funds back for clients. They know what to say to "motivate" the creditor to turn over the garnishment funds.
      Any "suggestions" I offer are not to be deemed as legal advice, as I am not an attorney. "Suggestions" are offered solely based on my life experiences, education, and what I have observed in the work that I do.

Comment

Hello Exitar

I was wondering what happen with is.. I am going through the same exact thing, I filed pro se and from what I read I have to send everything to the attorney, I already sent copies to my payroll office but I wondering how I can get my $$ back for last paycheck.
        Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

I contacted my HR dept and faxed my bankruptcy filed form and they stopped the garnishment.
          I also called the people that were garnishing me and they sent back both checks very easy.
          8/30/10 Filed
          10/12/10 341 meeting

Comment

Good to here that it worked out and thanks for letting everyone know the final outcome.

BKDude in CO
            Filed Pro-Se 8/19/2010 - 341 Meeting 9/20/2010 - Notice of no distribution 9/22/2010
            12/06/2010 !!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X