Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income from all other sources; form B22A

Hi everyone,

I wanna ask about a particular question on the B22A form. On question # 10, it asks income from all other sources. Just to make sure I understand this correctly, since I'm unemployed, receive no benefits, but all expenses are paid by my girlfriend for the time being, then this would be where her monthly contribution would be listed, am I correct?
    My understanding is that through schedule J, they'll need information for my household expenses, which would just her and I, and since I have no income, then the amount listed on question 10 of B22A will show how my expenses are being paid.

I hope that's correct, it feels like I'm rambling through here, so my apologies if I did, lol.

Thanks!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

check out this link http://www.baumerlaw.com/pdfs/B22A.pdf
    This firm (in a document for a bankruptcy conference) spells it out pretty clearly as far as what goes where. Looks like line 8 is where you'd want to put it.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Great article! This helps a whole lot! I think you're right, it sounds like Line 8, not Line 10 is where I would list her income.
      The article mentioned that unmarried couple living together was still "uncharted waters", but I don't think this will be a problem in our situation, since there is only one income for a two-person household, so there's no contention on who contributes what (financially, that is).

Thanks again!

Comment

I have one more question...it says on B22A for questions 3-11 that all figures must represent all sources. So, for example, when it comes to entering gross income, is that just my gross income, which is $0.00, or would I include my girlfriend's gross income as well and then write it again on line 8 when it asks for additional contributions to the household?
        I guess what I'm confused about is whether these questions are wanting household values, or just mine. On the one hand, it has a column labeled "debtor", but then it mentions wants income from all sources.

I hope I'm not being too much trouble asking about this form...just really confused.

Comment

Line 3 = your gross income.
          Line 8 = any regular monthly contributions to your household by your girlfriend
          Line 11 = subtotal of lines 3-10
          Line 12 = same total as line 11

This is how I think it should be filled out based on that link with the instructions. As far as the monthly contributions from your girlfriend, you might need documentation. For instance, food receipts, rent receipts, etc. Not sure if you can search around online and find any similar situations to get some idea of what you might be facing as far as proving her regular contribution to the household goes.
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Sounds good, I think I got it now. Since I'm nearing completion on all of the paperwork, I'll start gathering a folder to document the expenses just to be ready in case the trustee asks.
            Thanks!

Comment

Is Schedule I asking the same question here as in question 8 of B22A:
              10. Alimony, maintenance or support payments payable to the debtor for the debtor’s use or that of dependents listed above_____________

or or is the value of free room and board etc. to be listed in question 13. Other monthly income?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X