Sample Validation/C&D letter - Please Critique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sample Validation/C&D letter - Please Critique

Here is my attempt to build a template for debt validation letter combined with a cease and desist. Please let me know what you guys think.

-----Letter Begin-----
    To: We Want Money
    BuryMeInAHole Ct, STE 200
    Nowhere UT 55555
    Date: November 19, 2010
    Re: Acct # xxx-xxxxx

This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice received on November 19, 2010 (See attached).

Be advised that this is a request sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is required.

Provide me with the information required from you by FDCPA 15 USC 1692g 809(b), including a verification or copy of any judgment or contract if applicable and the name and address of the original creditor.

This is also a letter pursuant to FDCPA 15 USC 1692c 805(c) Cease And Desist - That no further communication shall be initiated by you except that which is expressly allowed by the FDCPA.

Sincerely,

_______________________________ ____________
    Me Date
    My Address

------Letter End------
    So, What do you guys think? (As I hunker down behind a bunker waiting for the barbs and arrows )

Thanks,
    BK-Dude in COLORADO
    Filed Pro-Se 8/19/2010 - 341 Meeting 9/20/2010 - Notice of no distribution 9/22/2010
    12/06/2010 !!

Great Job!!

Comment

Sounds great!
      I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
      Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.
        Since I am in CO, and we have our own version of the FDCPA, I also added a phrase after every FDCPA citing (or state law as applicable).
        Hope this helps others so that they do not use the over used and highly inaccurate sample validation letters that float around on the internet.

bkDude in CO
        Filed Pro-Se 8/19/2010 - 341 Meeting 9/20/2010 - Notice of no distribution 9/22/2010
        12/06/2010 !!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X