Application for Waiver of Filing Fees/Other misc. questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application for Waiver of Filing Fees/Other misc. questions

Firstly, thanks to all that have posted and answered questions pertaining to Chapter 7 Bankruptcy/Pro Se. Information has been most helpful in my blight to complete BK paperwork.

Have some questions am hoping someone may be able to assist me with so that I can finalize and file next week:

Current status: Unemployed for almost 2 years, no real estate property involved, minimal assets which will be exempted. Debts all consisting of charge cards.

1. Application for Waiver of Filing Fees - Question 18 "Please provide any other information that helps to explain why you are unable to pay the filing fee in installments". What is a reasonable explanation why unable to pay?

2. Statement of financial affair form - Question #2 - Income other wages..do I include federal and state tax refunds? unemployment income? Do I show income for 2010,2009 and 2008/if applicable?

3. Schedule I - (Current Income)Question #17 - Describe any increase/decrease in income reasonably anticipated to occur within the year following the filing...How does someone respond to this question?

4. Fifteen years ago while married at the time, my then husband and I filed for bankruptcy. Not included in the bankruptcy was a Deficiency Judgement in favor of the condo. association where we owned. Am I now able to show the judgement and amount owed on Sch. F? A recent credit report does not show this judgement, however when I've searched the courts under my name this judgement still is tied to my name.

Any and all information is most appreciated. Looking forward to your responses. Aloha

Originally posted by torosnca View Post
    Firstly, thanks to all that have posted and answered questions pertaining to Chapter 7 Bankruptcy/Pro Se. Information has been most helpful in my blight to complete BK paperwork.

Have some questions am hoping someone may be able to assist me with so that I can finalize and file next week:

Current status: Unemployed for almost 2 years, no real estate property involved, minimal assets which will be exempted. Debts all consisting of charge cards.

1. Application for Waiver of Filing Fees - Question 18 "Please provide any other information that helps to explain why you are unable to pay the filing fee in installments". What is a reasonable explanation why unable to pay?
    You have been unemployed for 2 years and have no other income, and your expenses eat that income up? Just a thought here. Are you paying any of your credit cards at the moment? If so, and you're sure you are going to file, quit paying the cards. That will give you the money to file. If they determine you must pay a fee, you can apply to pay it in installments.

2. Statement of financial affair form - Question #2 - Income other wages..do I include federal and state tax refunds? unemployment income? Do I show income for 2010,2009 and 2008/if applicable?
    Yes, you include unemployment and tax refunds here. State the year, the state you receive them from for years 2008/2009 (instructions state "last two years")

3. Schedule I - (Current Income)Question #17 - Describe any increase/decrease in income reasonably anticipated to occur within the year following the filing...How does someone respond to this question?
    If you knew you had a job, this is where you would list it. Since you have no idea you'll have a job, you can't list that. You might list "possible decrease in income depending on Unemployment extensions"

4. Fifteen years ago while married at the time, my then husband and I filed for bankruptcy. Not included in the bankruptcy was a Deficiency Judgement in favor of the condo. association where we owned. Am I now able to show the judgement and amount owed on Sch. F? A recent credit report does not show this judgement, however when I've searched the courts under my name this judgement still is tied to my name.
    I would include it. If it's a past debt that you are tied to, include it. Not sure about SOL on that. Someone else will pipe in.
    Last edited by free2breathe; 12-17-2010, 05:12 PM. Reason: thought of something else regarding fee waivers
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Thanks "free2breathe" for your response.

1. Yes, stopped using the cards/making pmts. 4+ months ago due to no monies. Had to move out of the condo I had been renting when my unemployment exhausted. Here in Hawaii 60 weeks is the max you could collect. Been staying with a friend for the past 7 mo. Not charging me rent as I have no money. What a friend!

2. Would I not show unemployment income received in 2010? please clarify

3. Have no income at all.

thanks again....welcome any and all comments...
      Last edited by torosnca; 12-17-2010, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Looks like you shouldn't have much problem with the waiver then. Guideline is 150% of the poverty level, and you aren't bringing anything in.

When it comes time for the 341, your trustee may ask for your last 3 years of tax returns, but it's something that really varies by state, county, trustee, day of the week (you get the picture).

Good friends are priceless in times like these. We had the same sort of situation. We lost our jobs and house and a friend brought a trailer, loaded us up, and brought us home with them!
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X