top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit card in good standing not reported in BK...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKParalegal View Post
    Fine just don't tell him to wait 7 months to file. But he can pay the darn thing off in full now and not list the card. It will still get closed but he won't have discharged a debt with his employer.

Try to answer the question he asked

And negotiating a side deal is just wrong on so many levels, the main point is you have every right after your bankruptcy to go pay your creditors, all BK did was discharge your liability of the debt, but the creditor still has a unpaid debt that never goes away for them.
    Greetings BKP, I am out of town and just came across this thread. I noted your objections, and I submit to the fact that you are a professional, as well as I am the well known 'Hub of AngelinaCat: So this is not in any way a retort in a defensive rebuttal. My post is to define a little fact of this Forum. We are NOT professional, but give ONLY opinion, as well as experiences, and our advices from professionals in our particular cases.

Mrs. stated her opinion only. It was not wrong so to speak and would work out. There is of course, other ways to do the same thing. All the dots and tittles we as a group mostly do not know nor are we legal to advise as legal advice. We do have several darn good lawyers who help at no costs and not legal authority but do well as you also do.

To nit-pic one way does not mean it wrong or in error. That final decision is up to the OP or their counsel. If they are represented, the lawyer owes them legal advice. We can only give our experiences that worked for us. It may not work for any other person so the implied disclaimer on the Forum is "buyer beware". Free advice is worth it's price. We do our best.

Best to you and do not misunderstand my intent. I only wish to advise that there are more than one way to go to Rome. "All roads lead to Rome". Some people go on other roads than you may go. Respectfully, 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Try to answer the question he asked .
      I did. I gave my opinion based on experience.

And negotiating a side deal is just wrong on so many levels, the main point is you have every right after your bankruptcy to go pay your creditors, all BK did was discharge your liability of the debt, but the creditor still has a unpaid debt that never goes away for them.
      And how many times have I counseled posters that they are free and clear to repay any debt they wish POST Discharge? You are attempting to put words into my mouth, and that will not be tolerated.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X