URGENT! Filing on Monday, Schedule F Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT! Filing on Monday, Schedule F Question

Hi... I'm Filing in two day and have come up with my first unanswerable question:

I have several debts that have been sent to collections and I know I need to list the original account and all the CAs and Lawyers it's been to up to today.

I have one or two debts that have been sold outright to other CAs, one of them has been sold TWICE! Do I just list the most current owner? Or do I list all of them?

Waiting anxiously for someone's wisdom!

Kayo

i am using an attorney who filed my chapter 7 and he had me list all the original creditors with addresses and then also the names and addresses of all of the companies the debts were transferred too (either in collection, or bought and sold). then he reported all of them and when the petition was filed, notices were sent to every single one of them. to gather all of the information i used a combination of old statements and my credit reports.

i think from what i have read on here, as long as you list the debt, regardless of whether it is the old or new information, it is covered under the discharge and if its not the right name or address then later you may have to go through the hassle of sending them a copy of the notice.

Comment

Thanks. I tried to call the original creditor today and when I typed in the account number the response was that the debt had been sold and to call such and such number. I wasn't even able to get any information regarding an address to put on schedule F. That is why I was wondering if I had to list it at all.

Comment

List every one of them

Comment

i was able to determine who bought the old account for some by just examining my 3 credit reports. because the debt buyer usually opens a whole new account on your credit report and in the details it may list the name of the old creditor.

Comment

gotcha! I have been able to trace the ownership of both debts. Thank goodness I kept all the notices I got from everyone over the last 5-6 years. I will list everybody as suggested in y'all's replies. Thanks for the help!

kayo

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X