No announcement yet.

Almost there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my case, the Trustee's office took it upon themselves to add in a 1.98 payment or $1600 plus change to unsecured creditors. That accounted for the lion's share of the increased payment. I'm still unclear how/why they did that because my plan indicates 0 to unsecured. My plan has now gone a year without being confirmed. The Trustee's office has sent me 4 letters saying that my plan had a shortfall. First it was 16k, then it was 2k, then 750.00, then most recently 1200.00 plus change. My last response to them pointed this out and insisted on clarification. So the plan that is getting confirmed now is the same plan I filed 8 mos. ago
    except it is plus 12.00 due to the differences in trustee payment and interest rate. In my case, I believe the Trustee has actually caused more confusion than closure to my plan confirmation.

I suppose I should be glad that my plan is finally getting confirmed and that after 4 Trustee objections that came to nothing things are falling into place.

I get your point about now rocking the boat, but if I hadn't of "rocked the boat" I would be paying 50.00 more per month. I believe it is ok to insist that the Trustee follow the letter of the law, just as I have to. As said so often in this forum, the answers are in the local rules. Actually, the amount I will be letting go is closer to $650.00 and I haven't decided how I am going to handle it yet. The trustee is sending me another stipulated order along with a sheet that she believes will show me how they did their calculation. At least, it will show payments/interest/per mo. she says, so I am hoping I can make sense of it.

I appreciate all your help, justme and I may end up just calling it a wash as you advise for the reasons you bring up. Thanks again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X