Please Critique My Schedule J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strong will is the polite way of saying, "stubborn"

All I am trying to do is give some perspective, I am not judging, but the red flags are there both in the facts you have presented and in your mind set to it, that there is a high likelihood this case will end up a disaster.

At this point, the better thing to review is your means test, not schedule J. IRS standards only cover a handful of categories, where people blow it on the means test is in the areas that have no IRS standards and they don't understand the limits and how the means test really works.

Maybe your case will be fine, I bet an attorney could make it work as a 7, (it probably is a 7), but thinking you're a chapter 7 and proving it are different things. And that is where pro se debtors drop the ball and get taken advantage of by the trustees. Keep in mind, there is NO ONE in the BK system on your side. The UST, the BK Trustee, the Clerk, the Judge will not advocate for you, so if you screw up a procedure, don't know how to do something, don't file something on time, there is no slack or sympathy in the system.

But I do stand by this statement, You are "choosing" not to hire an attorney, and apparently because you are "strong willed". What's the old proverb, "pride comes before the fall."

Comment

Well we will have to agree to disagree. I am not giving up my spot in school so that I can pay an attorney when I believe I can do it myself. I guess I will just have to prove you wrong.

Comment

ValleYum,

Wanted to give you an update since you were so helpful. Got my discharge yay! Lawyer free saved myself quite a bit of money. I also reaffirmed a car and it was approved without any issues. It is funny what a few books and this wonderful website can help you acheive. Thanks to everyone including those who discouraged me and those who encouraged me. My case was over the income limits but I was still discharged. FYI: This can be done Pro-se but be ready to read, read, read. I read 3 seperate books and read this site. The search button can be your best friend use it. I researched for about a month but was able to do it. I don't know if anyone can do it but I figured if I can get into medical school I can do this. Thankfully, I was right.

Comment

OMG YAY!!!! I am so very pleased for you!!! You said you could do it and you did! I was just too darn chicken to try!! LOL

Happy, happy fresh start to you!!

Have you started medical school yet?? How are things?

Happy holidays to you, too!!
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
            OMG YAY!!!! I am so very pleased for you!!! You said you could do it and you did! I was just too darn chicken to try!! LOL

Happy, happy fresh start to you!!

Have you started medical school yet?? How are things?

Happy holidays to you, too!!
            Thanks ValleYum your words were really encouraging. Yes, I started school. As expected it is hard but I feel great but stressed. Hey we all know that nothing worth having is ever easy work. But hey this too shall pass. I really wanted to thank you and HHM because his and your tips were invaluable. Plus HHM doubting me only made me want to do it more.

oh BTW happy holidays to you too!
            Last edited by StartNew; 11-08-2011, 07:21 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X