overlooked accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overlooked accounts

I filed about a week ago and in the process of cleaning stuff out (since I will have to move) I realized that I overlooked two accounts that probably should have been reported in my Chapter 7 filing.

The first is a Paypal account. This account has no balance and has never carried a balance but it exists. I only ever used it when I didn't feel comfortable entering my CC information directly on a website. Should this have been reported?

The second is my frequent flyer miles. I haven't flown anywhere in years and just forgot all about them. The balance which has carried forward is fairly large (about 50K miles). From the research I have done this is an asset that should have been reported. While I can claim an exemption, depending on how they are valued it could put me very close to being an asset case :-(

So how do I fix this issue and how do I value my FF miles?
    Filed Chapter 7 non-consumer as a pro se. *Discharged* October 2011.

hmmm.. I'm not sure about this, our lawyer only sent letters to creditors with a balance, I don't think you have to worry about paypal with zero balance.

Comment

I think Jeep is right - if you don't owe them they're not a creditor.

Comment

I agree with the others. If I didnt owe anything, I did not list it.
        Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Apparently my original post was not as clear as I thought. I'm concerned about assets I didn't report, not creditors. On Schedule B Line 2 "Personal Property" one reports all ones financial accounts; I'm not clear based upon what I stated in my OP if my Paypal account qualifies as a financial account for the purposes of that form. I have not nor ever had a Paypal credit card.
          Filed Chapter 7 non-consumer as a pro se. *Discharged* October 2011.

Comment

We know what you meant. If you have $0 in your paypal account, it is not an asset.

Comment

I had a Paypal account I never used. Didn't even remember to include it. I also had Citibank rewards which I never included, but my Citibank checking plus account was included. Don't sweat the small stuff.
              Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Seriously, I have a Paypal account and 42,000 American Airlines miles. My Paypal had 7.00 dollars in it and my attorney just laughed at me when I said we should list it. I never discussed my airline miles because truthfully, I didn't look at them as an assett.....if I don't use em, I lose em......so how could they be an asset?

Don't sweat it or rock the boat for either of these, they aren't worth mentioning!!!!
                Last edited by sunshinepa; 07-25-2011, 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling
                Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                341 5/23/11
                DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X