top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna go turn in Chapter 7 paperwork today! Quick final questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanna go turn in Chapter 7 paperwork today! Quick final questions.

Been at this for MONTHS. PHEW! Double checked signatures, amounts, etc. Just wanna make sure I am not missing anything. I have the complete Chapter 7 packet filled out, I have the request to waive filing fee form, creditor matrix, credit certificate and attached invoices from independent contractor income to my schedule I.

I have them all together....do the different sections need to be stapled individually?

I also have a completed foreclosure that took place in 2010 that I DID NOT include. I already received a form 1099A and filed it with my tax returns and the bank says there is no past due balance.

Is there a good reason to include it? Will it look different on my credit? I really do not want to change all the information as this ONE account is going to add additional forms to 4 schedules and have to re-do my creditor matrix. I also have the amounts as of today's date( $2.0 in checking) and wanna go ahead and file that with the numbers as of today.

Do copies of your bank statements need to be included in anything? I didn't see this anywhere.

What other information or documents do I need to take with me?

PS: I could wait until tomorrow but I am so ready to go ahead and get this behind me.

My goodness, lots of questions! I'm not an expert, but did file Pro Se in the Western District of NC.

Originally posted by AlSmith2011 View Post
    ...and attached invoices from independent contractor income to my schedule I.
    Do not attach invoices... Everything you file will be scanned in and be available to the public. Send this and any payments received in the prior 60 days of your filing date to the trustee assigned to your case. His/her address and contact information will be provided to you via mail.

You can also get the trustee info (prior to the snail mail) by creating a PACER account (www.pacer.gov). Just make sure you understand how you are charged when using your account (i.e. take a tutorial!!!).

I have them all together....do the different sections need to be stapled individually?
    The clerk in our district does not want them stapled together. You will hand them to him/her personally and wait as they key in some info into a computer and then provide you a receipt of proof of your filing.

I also have a completed foreclosure that took place in 2010 that I DID NOT include. I already received a form 1099A and filed it with my tax returns and the bank says there is no past due balance.
    I have no experience with a foreclosure, so hopefully someone else will chime in. Whether it is necessary for you to disclose this information, you will be asked about past real estate dealings during your "341 Meeting of the Creditors" by the Western District NC trustee assigned to your case.

Is there a good reason to include it? Will it look different on my credit?
    Again, I'm not familiar with foreclosures. My guess is that you theoretically owe the bank money (even if a balance is not being reported) and the bank may come after you in the future. In this case it would be nice to deal with them as a creditor NOW vs. later.

I really do not want to change all the information as this ONE account is going to add additional forms to 4 schedules and have to re-do my creditor matrix.
    Yes, it is a pain. But you are the one who decided to file Pro Se. These are the things you MUST do. BK is a meticulous job! Don't screw things up now just because you are exhausted and want to be done with it. Do it correctly, NOW!

I also have the amounts as of today's date( $2.0 in checking) and wanna go ahead and file that with the numbers as of today.
    Is this because you have no exemptions left to protect cash in your accounts? Otherwise, do not worry about what is in your bank account (unless it exceeds your exemption amounts) at the time of filing.

Do copies of your bank statements need to be included in anything? I didn't see this anywhere.
    No. Wait for your trustee to request this. Ours did not want this. In my district, the trustee waits for the 341 Meeting of the Creditors to request any information.

However, you CAN send the trustee ANYTHING you want. I just preferred to give the minimum for the sake of keeping it simple and not opening any potential can of worms.

What other information or documents do I need to take with me?

PS: I could wait until tomorrow but I am so ready to go ahead and get this behind me.
    You can wait to file your schedules, but they must be filed within 15 days of filing for BK. If you decide to include your foreclosure lender, update your creditor matrix before filing. Then take up to 15 days to make the necessary changes to your schedules.

If you have already filed your schedules and did not include the foreclosing lender, but now want to, you will have to file amended schedules and pay the necessary additional filing fees ($26 per document?).

Hope this helps,
    Lala
    This forum is full of amazingly talented, intelligent and caring people.
    Ch7 BK filed Pro se: 6/2011; 341 Meeting: 7/2011; Assets abandoned; Report of No Distribution: 8/2011; Discharged and closed 9/2011.

Comment

Call your local bankruptcy office where you're filing and ask them how they want your papers. Stapled/hole punched/etc. Mine wanted mine loose so I guess at a last resort you could take them loose and see if that is correct or if they will staple/punch if needed. Your bankruptcy court clerk should arrange them for you in the order they're supposed to be. And also check to make sure you've filed all the neccessary forms. The woman who took my forms at my court office checked them over, and then my actual court clerk handling it said he would mail me something if it turns out I'm missing a form/paperwork.

Also make sure that you're taking in your creditor matrix or mailing matrix in the form your local bankruptcy office wants it in. Some want digital copys on a CD, mine just wanted it typed left hand margined. Ask your local bankruptcy office that before heading in.

I don't think you need bank statements. I did not submit mine. I took along copys of my 1040's and my local bankruptcy court said to me that they were voluntary. Though I'm going to call my trustee and see if there's anything he needs before my 341 and see if he might need my 1040's.

On your mortgage forclosure. I might have went ahead and added it. Just so then the bank couldn't come back to me later and sue for anything owed. But if you say there is a $0.00 balance. Then you might be safe to leave it off.

What to take with you?
      I took almost everything with me when I filed because the bankruptcy court was so far away from my home. I took my nolo book, copies of everything I filed with them just in case I needed an extra or forgot the original somewhere. As well as my 1040's, and a blank statement of intention which I didn't need to file. Again I brought everything because my bankruptcy court is so far away. But if you're closer to yours, and you feel you got all the schedules/petition/forms covered then go have at it. They should give you a case number when filing. I believe you can then log into PACER and check the status, but I was told it costs money. Even if you don't a few days after filing you should receive something in the mail stating your waiver decision/341 meeting date and/or if you forgot any forms.

Comment

Thank you both. I went and filed yesterday and everything seemed to be in order. The clerk was really nice and doubled checked my packed with me and said nothing was missing. I received two copies of the Notice of Bankruptcy Filings. Am I supposed to do anything with this?

Comment

I received two copies of the Notice of Bankruptcy Filings. Am I supposed to do anything with this?
          Not that I'm aware of. I think I only received one, though. I placed it on top of my personal copies of my petition just as a reminder for the 341 Meeting's time, date and place.

Congratulations on your filing! I'm hoping you are feeling a big weight off your shoulders now (as I did after filing)!
          This forum is full of amazingly talented, intelligent and caring people.
          Ch7 BK filed Pro se: 6/2011; 341 Meeting: 7/2011; Assets abandoned; Report of No Distribution: 8/2011; Discharged and closed 9/2011.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X