What forms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What forms?

Hello all I will be filing pro so. I am on the site with all the chapter 7 forms. What forms do i include. theres about 40 of them at the "uscourts bankruptcy" website. Some of them are pretty obvious to include but I didnt know if I should print every form out they have, fill them out and file it

I make minimum wage, have no assets, live in a apartment in NJ. I have tried every were but can get no information about what forms do I include. Do I include them all? I didnt know if the trustee would get mad if I included something that wasnt needed. Sorry for such stupid question but I am stressing bad and maybe overlooked the answer.

Have you tried here?

Have you ordered the NOLO Bankruptcy book? Invaluable guide and you can buy it and download it to your computer.

Hope this helps! Good luck.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

thank you, your a god send. I get paid on Thursday and getting the NOLO book. Everything just seems so daunting. I was afraid if I included forms with my petition that werent needed I would get dismissed. Also one last question. Who notifies the creditors that I am filing bankruptcy and about the 341? me or the court?

Comment

and what happens if i forget tp include a form needed or i didnt know abouut aform needed will the court notify me to bring it to them?

Comment

The Court. They send out a form called the "NOTICE OF FILING OF CASE IN BANKRUPTCY COURT" (or something close to that- hubby is on my computer and I can't get to my PDF copy to look and see). It tells your creditors the basics of your case (what chapter, asset or no asset filing, case number, etc.) and what they need to do.

That is why it is SO important to have your mailing matrix formatted correctly.

I have heard that you can ask the clerks at the office "procedural questions" - how to file basics but not specifics related to your case.

And, yes, if you forget something you get a Deficiency Notice from the Court. Perhaps you could have a clerk double check to see if everything needed is included when you take it in to be filed (not 100% sure how that would go over).

Hang in there. I didn't file Pro se but I felt okay answering your questions and it's late and a weekend night and there aren't as many posters online so I gave it a shot for you!!
          Last edited by ValleYum; 08-20-2011, 08:41 PM.
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

thank you for all of your help. i just looked up sample matrix's...looks like something I just type from my computer

Comment

Originally posted by armstrow View Post
              thank you for all of your help. i just looked up sample matrix's...looks like something I just type from my computer
              Call your clerk of court. I typed the matrix and included it with my petition and when I got to the court house the clerk handed me a floppy disk, made me type the matrix on her office computer, save it to disk, and then uploaded it digitally. She said the court couldn't be responsible for typos.

It wasn't a major deal but it was annoying to be sitting there typing the matrix again when I could have just brought a floppy disk with me, already done.

Also, most certainly ask the clerk if all the necessary paperwork has been submitted. That's part of their job. They can't tell you about the law but asking "I am filing chapter seven. Do I have all the necessary paperwork in the proper order?" is a fair and legitimate question which the clerk can answer.
              Filed Chapter 7 non-consumer as a pro se. *Discharged* October 2011.

Comment

Agree. It can be done without the Nolo book, but it would be much much harder if I would have went on my own, without Nolo. So I would suggest it to anyone. Also agree on your mailing matrix, check with your local bankruptcy court clerk and see how they want your mailing matrix prepared whether digital or just typed on paper or.. Also check your local bankruptcy court website for any forms you may need. Most are pretty explainatory in title. I know my local court had some wage statement forms and such that needed filed.

I filed in person instead of via mail so that I could have the court clerk arrange my papers in correct order, I called them and asked them the correct order but from how she had to think about it, and probably variances in individual's paperwork I figured it would be way easier to take them in and make sure. I had to drive 1 hour and a 1/2 each way but it was cheap insurance that I wouldn't be getting a letter saying I forgot something. Same goes if you file papers you don't need. They will give them back to you if you're there in person. As well as tell you if there is any paperwork you forgot.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X