top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After the 60 days are up how long did it take for you to get your discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the 60 days are up how long did it take for you to get your discharge?

Hey everyone,

I have reached my 60 days on 9/7/2011 as a Pro Se filer. I am proud I made it this far with no real issues. I am currently still paying my installments for my $299 fee. Does discharge happen sometime after the 60 days for creditors to object? or Does the discharge happen after I complete my installment fees? I have two payments left 9/15 and 10/17. I am signed up with Pacer as well so will be checking everyday now lol.

On the average how long was it after the 60 days were you discharged? especially for those of you who filed Pro Se. Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by LadyinAL; 09-08-2011, 12:16 PM.

Hmm...typically the Discharge occurs after the 60 days have expired, mine was two days later and my case was closed two days after discharge.

After 60 days your creditors can no longer object, so you are safe there.

In regard to your particular question, I'm not sure, but it's a great question and I'd be curious to find out the answer as well. You could always call the Clerk of the Court and find out the exact answer, he or she should know for sure.
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

disconapper, First congratulations on your discharge and thanks for your response. I will call the court tomorrow morning and ask. I'll post back with their response.

Comment

Congratulations on your pro se filing. That is a huge step. Yes, a Ch7 discharge typically happens after the 69 day period for the creditors to object has passed. However, there can be some variable. Some districts are automated, and a routine no Asset Ch7, can be automatically discharged and closed often on the same date. Other districts may not be automated. Some districts have a backlog of cases, so it is a matter of the clerks getting around to handling your case.

In other instances, something might be missing from your file that is needed. This was the problem that held our discharge up. Nothing showed up on PACER, but after almost two months had passed since we were expecting to be discharged, 'Hub finally called the clerk of the BK Court and spoke with our case worker. The hold-up was the lack of a copy of our Marriage License in our file! We had taken it with us, as instructed, to our 341. When we tried to hand it to the trustee, he said that he didn't need it. Well, it WAS needed. Once we emailed the scanned image to our attorney who then uploaded it to our file, our case was Discharged that very day. (We never did find out why the request for the Marriage License, but I am guessing that it was because we use different surnames, and we were married in South Carolina, and the License was never recorded in Florida.)

If you should have to speak to your casework, if you haven't already done so, have your case number handy, as that is what determines who is assigned to your case.

Good luck to you. Your hamster troop is waiting...
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Angelina, thank you and I am glad everything worked out for you guys. However, I did call the BK court this morning and they said I needed to finish paying my installment fees before I am discharged.

Comment

That makes sense. I suppose that if they discharged you now and you still owed payments, and you didn't pay..... At least you know what the hold up is, and that will help to put your mind at ease.

Let us know when the good news happens. Your Hamster troupe is waiting!
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

My 60 days was up July 02. 2011, discharged July 06 2011 closed july 15, 2011 I believe you cannot be discharged until all fees are paid.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X