top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filed today, clerk impressed with papers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed today, clerk impressed with papers!

Whew, finally did it. We filed Chapter 7 Pro Se today in the Western District of WA (Seattle) and it was a bit harrowing only because I am a dork! I had forgotten to order our counseling certificates until this morning and then after checking email 500 times the printer is low on ink and we had to go or not get filed today. Figured I'd just see what happens.

Hardest part was parking an F250 downtown! Those streets are narrow and I suck at parallel parking.

The clerk looked over my papers and got this little frown - - then she asked "Who was your preparer?"

I said I did them myself and she smiled and said "Well, they are very well done."

My husband muttered something about obsessive compulsive typing at 3 am but I think the clerk didn't catch that bit.

I asked about sending in our credit counseling, since my printer had run out of ink and she said "No problem, I am going to give you a list of what to send in just a minute."

She did: A list of what to send, the trustees name, the date of the 341 and the case number. I was expecting to have to wait for all that to be mailed but she had it all right there as soon as she typed in our info!

Her parting comment was "You have your ducks in a row, you will be just fine."

So now we wait until March 1st at 2:30.

This courthouse has a nice little cafe on the NW corner, outside, around the corner and you can sit down and take a deep breath over a cup of coffee!

Now to relax before the obsessing over the 341 kicks in.....

dspatch
    Last edited by DSPatch; 01-31-2012, 08:09 PM. Reason: correct typo

Same thing was with me except I had my certificate..
    Congrats on the filing.
    Welcome to the Pro Se club.

As for your 341.

Go early. Like a few hours early. Find a parking spot. and watch some of the other cases so you know how it goes.
    8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
    9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
    Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Comment

Good luck. I get to do it on Thursday. This has been one of the most stressful things I have ever done in my life.

Pookie

Comment

Congrats on your well prepared pro se filing.
        VERY nice!
        Coffee now, champagne in about 3 months. I'll buy

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X