I'm filing today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm filing today

After working on all my schedules over the long weekend, I was going to file yesterday, had the papers and money in an envelope ready to go. Then I came on here and re-read some posts and stickies.

I started second guessing my Schedule F and didn't list my brother (who is becoming increasingly annoyed at my lack of timely repayment) on the matrix and went back and forth over whether I wanted to change anything because then I'd have to change everything and wouldn't they let me know if there was a mistake so I could fix it blahjhlhalboaioewboogie WHEW!

So, I took a deep breath and decided to take the papers home to look them over again. I ate some pineapple and drank a glass (or three) of wine, reworked the schedules, matrix, and summary. I packed it back up and I will not open it again until I am in front of a clerk this afternoon.

I don't have that feeling of freedom that people describe (unless it comes later), and I think that's partially due to the fact that I will still have $1000 a month daycare bills and be a single contributing parent to two kids for a while longer until I can get this divorce rolling. So we'll see.

I just wanted to say thanks to the board. I was on the fence about filing myself, but this board has so much information, I felt like I could do it and I am. Thanks!

Please note: If there are any problems I will be back to blame you for all your erroneous information!

Done! I felt weird while I waited for the clerk to look over my papers. I kept thinking she was going to look up at me disappointed and say "we can't accept this, there are two many errors!" lol. She didn't. Then I was nervous as if security was going to come out or something. They didn't. It took 10 minutes and she handed me my receipts, trustee info, and case number.

Oh, and I did feel a sense of freedom as I skipped back to my car.

Comment

Yes! Congratulations and good luck! We'll be filing soon too.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X