Truck transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck transfer

About three years ago, we gave a 1990 Ford truck to our nephew. At the time, the truck wasn't running, and our nephew needed a vehicle. He was going to work on it and get it running, which he did. The truck is worth about $1,400 according to Kelley Blue Book private party prices (it made me list it as fair condition, although I think it was poor since the truck leaked and had molded inside and wasn't running). BK wasn't even on the horizon at that time. Is this going to come back to bite us?

Did you sign all the paperwork 3 yrs ago when you transferred the truck? (Bill of sale, title, registration)
    If so, it should be ok.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Phew!

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
      Did you sign all the paperwork 3 yrs ago when you transferred the truck? (Bill of sale, title, registration)
      If so, it should be ok.

Yep, we did the works. We even paid for the transfer because the kid didn't have the money at the time. We took it down to the Dept. of licensing, and i made sure they noted that it was a gift (i think they had me put a value on it of $100 or something like that).

Comment

You should be fine since it was 3 yrs prior to your filing and you have proof thru the DMV.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X