What to do for christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do for christmas?

With the holidays coming up...I'm trying to aviod any problems with BK7. Planning to file in 8mths. Looking at the stack of paperwork the attorney gave me there is a question about gifts. Can someone please help me decifer this...

"List all gifts or charitable contributions made within ONE YR immediately preceding the commencement of this case EXCEPT ordinary and usual gifts to family members aggregating less than $200 in value per individual family member."

Average costs, as I usually spend that a year per person (xmas, bday, anniversary). I'm I reading this right that I can give them a check for the holidays without that being an "insider", as long as it's not more than $200 per person? (ie send a check to my brother &wife for nephews= $600)

Sending one check of $600 to a family member might bring raised eyebrows from the trustee.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

so instead 4 checks of $150? or gift cards?
      Last edited by justbeach03; 11-08-2010, 09:19 PM. Reason: correction to $

Comment

Originally posted by justbeach03 View Post
        so instead 4 checks of $150? or gift cards?
        I would think that would be a much safer transaction. If you sent a check for the total to your brother to split amongst the family members, that puts you at a gift outside the $200 mark. I'd do everything I could to keep things under the radar. The last thing you want is scrutiny from the trustee
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X